View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 10:41 AM
I like a variety of breeds. I would have another Estrela definitely, and can see myself always having them, but not exclusively. I would like a Manchester Terrier and the OH eventually would like to import a Jamthund, his dream dog, so we will probably end up with a load of them too. May have to have kennels eventually!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Always had a mix, and in all fairness being born into this house where it was the norm to walk the pair of dobes, posse of staffords, and then one very old..very overweight..very cranky white pekingese, kinda just secured that I could never get used to just having the same thing!
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 10:48 AM
I have 2 lovely beautiful gsds. It will be a very long while before I get another dog, as two are a nice number for me and they are both young.

I love their loyalty and devotion, as well as their steadiness.

My gut feeling is that I will always have gsds, but who knows, maybe another breed will creep into my heart the same as the gsds have done.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 03:30 PM
I have mixes... I rescue, and wont ever buy a puppy, so i could never be picky about breed. I rescue the ones that need it the most. an abused Lhasa x Bichon, a deaf Parsons x, a dog aggressive street terrier lab x from Houston, TX. I rescue the worst, and rehab them... It's what I do. So I'll never get to be a one breed only kinda person. tho if I ever did get to choose, I would LOVE an Irish Terrier! they would be a perfect breed for me.... maybe I'll find one needing rescued..... lol
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 03:35 PM
I will always have crosses now after losing both my pedigrees young at 6 and 8 where as my friend has 6 crosses and they 12yr and up 18yrs and doing great.
I will always go for the larger crosses gsd x or ridgeback.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Just looked up Jamthund they are rather lovely arent they?
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
I will always have crosses now after losing both my pedigrees young at 6 and 8 where as my friend has 6 crosses and they 12yr and up 18yrs and doing great.
I will always go for the larger crosses gsd x or ridgeback.
Did both you pedigrees come from Kc registered, health checked parents?

Just curious as to why you've lost 2 dogs in such a short space of time. That's terrible.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 03:44 PM
We have had lots of mixes and mixtures here...at the same time as being initially BC people and now very much FCR people. After much deliberation the next dog that comes into our family will be another FCR>
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Yes I thought they were wonderful breeders and spent a fortune on my Lab and Springer obviously this was quite a few years before I got into rescue.
I lost Bobbi 9 months ago aged 8 to Lymphoma sarcoma and I lost Paddy last week to kidney disease pretty much spot on his 6th birthday.
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2009, 03:48 PM
I've had a mixture in the past and by choice would prefer a mixture (but always a rott and something else) but at the moment I have got 2 "foster" rotts who had no-where else to go aswell as my own 2 rotts so I've got no room for anything else at the moment! Would love a Newfie, Tibetan Mastiff or Leonberger. I think rotts will always have a special place in my heart though, they are just great pets - loyal, very loving, easy to train and so willing to please
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >