Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 03:14 PM

They found a bone in the garden

Heard a slight ruckus going on outside and one of the dogs was racing frantically round the garden with a white thing hanging out of her mouth while other two where trying to steal it. Got it off her and it looks like a lamb bone but it looked old. Do you think it was one of the neighbours?? Shall I say something?
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Could it be one they buried weeks ago and have rediscovered?
You could have a word with your neighbours, they may have thought they were 'treating' your dogs. Personally I'd be furious if anyone had just lobbed a bone into the garden for my dogs!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Do you think it was one of the neighbours??
Sorry, this made me chuckle even though it's quite a serious subject. Was tempted to ask if any of the neighbours had gone missing lately.

Yes, I think I would ask the neighbours if I were a hundred percent sure that it's not just an old one that I'd given weeks ago.

If nothing else, it will make them aware that you both know about it and that you strongly disapprove
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Sorry, this made me chuckle even though it's quite a serious subject. Was tempted to ask if any of the neighbours had gone missing lately.
I thought the same - if it is one of your neighbours, the dogs might find the rest of them anytime soon

Is there any sign of digging in the garden?
Caz718
New Member!
Female 

19-02-2012, 06:02 PM
It might well of been dropped in your garden from a crow or rook, is it worth upsetting your neighbours and asking them

Caz
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Its not human, never realised how that sounded.

I have never given them a bone like that and there is no sign of digging. I dont really speak to the neighbours as they work a lot and wouldnt want it to become awkard. It did look old and havnt seen them playing with it before. Is a mystery maybe it was dropped by a bird
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Bird, cat, fox... the suspect list'd be pretty long.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2012, 09:09 PM
this happened once to me, i figured it had been dropped by a bird as some crows love to pick the meat off bones and take them back to their nests. I would mention it to the neighbours just in case, but the likelyhood is its a bird which has either been left meat to pick through, or its stolen it from a bin bag somewhere.

When i go down to cornwall, the seagulls are always stealing what they can from the bins. Even the ones which are chained up and supposedly sea gull proof it seems to be a form of enrichment for them to work out how to steal the goodies inside.