Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 10:53 AM

The little things . .

Ok we have had a thread about the embarrassing things our dogs do so i thought i would start a thread about the little things they do that make us love them that little bit more . . . .

Cassie

The way she HAS to spend about 20 mins looking around for a place to have a poo.

The way she hates the rain and will look at you with big sad eyes and the 'What are you making me do!' look if you force her out.

The way she snaps at the air when she gets excited.

The way you can wind her up by saying 'find him' and she will run round wildly looking for 'it'.

Her bark, i have only ever heard her bark about 10 times since we have had her.

Elena

The way she talks to you all the time and the sheer range of noises she makes.

The way she dives under the bed in the morning when you try and pick her up.

The way she stands at the bottom of the stairs when she wants to go to bed. She will look at us, come trotting over whine and then go back to the bottom of the stairs.

The fact she is SOOOOO nosey, every bag has to be looked into. The Asda delivery guy got a bit of a shock when this lump of a dog stuck her fat head into his bags!

The fact that she still throws her whole body into a wag, she give 100% into her greetings.

Kiska

The way she tricks my nans little dog and steals his treats. Its the same scam everytime but he still falls for it.

The way she hates anyone touching her tail.

The way she Wooo Woooo's at you when she wants anything.

The way she has really tickley back feet.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Ben

The way he puts his paw on my lap when he wants a titbit.
The way he curls up in his bed.
The way he looks at me when he knows OH is coming down the road.
The way he waits quietly in the hall when waiting for a walk.
The way he rolls his ball onto the path for me, save me getting muddy feet.
The way he always greets other dogs kindly.

Poppy

The way she looks to Ben for advice.
The way she "sits" nicely (already)
The way she takes treats gently (now )
Early days yet, I'm sure there will be more when she gets to be a big girl

Elaine xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Reah......for her strong sense of loyalty, her sensitiviness towards sad situations. The way she slides up to the kids when she knows they are only small so she doesn't knock them over. The way her eyes tell you that she is listening to every word thats being said to her. Her soft approach if I'm upset and they way she'll lay her head close to my cheek as if to say ''it's all ok Mom'' The fight and spirit of life that she has. Her quietness (yet can be protective) her obedience and her beautiful lovely smile.

Skye.....Her beautiful face, and her pinky girlie ways. The way she snuggles up tightly to you when your lying or sitting down. Her fantastic herding ability and her WoooooWooooo's every morning and when Pat cames in from work. The way she sits and watches for him once I say ''Dad's coming'' the love that ozzzzes from her when she is with Patrick, her eyes say it all. Her beautiful gentle nature.

Bruce....The comic character that loves to make you laugh.
The way he helps with the garden chores and the way he has a ''cocky'' walk. His wonderful ''I want to play'' with the kids and shares with them (especially if it's tastey ) His gorgeous light coloured eyes which are quite piercing, and the way he pops his head on one side when you speak.
The way he sits bolt up-right as if he's an eager child in the classroom wanting to be asked the question.
His soppiness and the way he nibbles your ear or licks Pats head when he thinks your not ''listening or watching'' him....that ''Look at me aint I good'' attitude.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Selkie - Her poise and intelligence, the way she talks to you. Her empathy. The way she is with children, the way she is with everyone. Her sense of humour and the silly funny things she does and yes, even after last night, the way she always needs you to come out with her and hold her hair if she feels sick.

Pharaoh - The way he relies on me and listens to everything I say even though he doesn't understand a word of it. His silly silly ears. His big brown eyes and the way he gets so silly excited at the smallest things. His bouncy dance of joy for bones and his bouncy dance of comfy on beds.

Kismet - Her ickle puppy tuddles, her beautiful soul stealing baby blue eyes, her stubborn cantankerous approach to training. "What's in it for me?" Her diva personality. Her desperate needy huggy cuddles when she's feeling anxious.
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Cox

I love Cox for

- the way he is so devoted and loyal and follows me around like a shadow.
- the way he ignores everyone and everything else when I am playing with him.
- how happy he is to see me when I return from being away.
- how fast he gallops to me when I call his name.
- the way he tries to 'help' me put my thick socks, walking boots and gaiters on so he can go for his walk.
- the way he groans and sighs when dosing.
- how quiet and careful he is around the house.
- how tickly the underside of his paws are.
- how good he is with other dogs.
- his calm and placid nature.

I love this dog - he is great!
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Kato
Very loving
Loyal
Great with other dogs, people and kids
Keeps me warm

Kiera
So cuddly like a baby
Puts up with Kato
Great on walks
Loves the kids
Very friendly with people

Paddy
Walks to heal no lead
Great guarddog
Super gentle
Very obediant
Dotes on me
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post

The way she HAS to spend about 20 mins looking around for a place to have a poo.
OMG, i HATE this about Jojo. Does my head in. Just poo God damn it lol.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 02:31 PM
The way he can look all dignified and regal one minute and be walking into a lampost at the next
The way he puts his head between my legs and sighs when he gets a fuss
How excited he gets when the treats or the lead come out
When he pretends to bite me and hits me with his paws if he doesn't think he's getting enough attention
When he steals things and runs off with them if he thinks he needs even MORE attention
The girly pansy bark he gives out when my mum forgets he's outside and locks him out.. Like 'Wwweff!'
The way he farts going down the stairs... Always makes me smile
His toothless grin!!
the way he eats things and squeaks his toys with his bum in the air
How he never chews my stuff up, only thieves it to his bed
How gentle and tolerant he is of everything.
How he loves everyone (to the point of trying to jump in strangers cars, and coming back for more when my cousins baby accidentally kicks him in the face)
How he hesitates to go out of the front door on his own when it's open even though we've never taught him to, and how he follows us back in of his own accord- if you've ever followed an escaped dog for hours you'll know how valuable that is
how he jumps into the drivers seat of the car if the door is open
How he waits for me to go down the stairs first but barges down past everyone else (ha! ha! i am cool )
how he too has to sniff about for a thousand years before he poops, and after
just everything really!! Theres nothing that he does that gets on my nerves, even when he wakes me up too early in the morning whinging because he can hear my mum's up
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Diesel

Does a handstand when he pee's.

Loves nothing more than to be cuddled.

Is very friendly and gentle to everyone.

A diamond with the cats

Very loyal.

Amy

Very affectionate.

Loves to play.

Great with the cats.

Walks lovely on the lead.

Loves me the most
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Phil

How he's still not learnt to pee like a dog, doesnt cock his leg and quite often gets covered in his own pee

How gentle he was with nan and grandad when they met for the first time.

How if i kneel down he can rest his head on my shoulder and give the best cuddle ever.

Paris

How she shakes when shes excited as if shes going to pop.

How she avoids puddles and mud and makes me walk through it instead.

How she always pushes her head in between me and the laptop if its dinner time so i cant type.

What a lovely idea for a thread, its made me think of all the reasons why my hounds mean the world to me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >