Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bamboozi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-10-2008, 09:45 PM

Barney goes to his new home on Tues

Hi all a syou know i am just new on here, i do various bits of voluntary work and help any animal where i can. A few weeks ago i went to buy a cage for my ferrets, when i got there i bought the cage and i thought that was it. Just before i left this mans house he asked me if i wanted a puppy . No thank you i said i have enough as it is, but if i hear of any one i will pas on you no. He begged me and said he had given his brother away the previous day but no 1 wanted this pup and he couldn't cope. " What is it i said and why cann't you cope ?"
He told me he had 3 kids was expecting another, had 4 adult dogs and a few weeks ago had bought 2 lurcher pups.
He brought this little pup in from a run type thing outside.
I was shocked and looked at my husband.
He was covered in dog poo, a bag of bones and terrified of his own shadow.
He is a bit scared he said coz one of the other dogs had a go at him last night.
When i held him he was covered in scabs n dry blood n even for a lurcher he was so thin.
I will take him i said, but get me a towel to clean all this mess of him before i put him in the car.
I wiped him over and put him in the car, it took us about 20 mins to get home. He was sick and foaming at the mouth with fear. I brought him in and wrapped him in blanket to warm him up and try and reasure him. I gave him a little meal and then i had to put him in the bath, the smell was unreal and the water was black.
Once i had him warm and comfortable i called my vet. He told me to take him over later that day.
When we saw the vet he checked him over and said he needed a lot of tlc to get him back to a healthy pup and gave him an antibiotic injection for the bites he had off other dogs.
Any way to cut along story short he has been here a while now and is doing great, srill abit nervous but miles better than he was and he is going to his new home on Tues. just thought i woud share this with you al as the time gets closser the more emotional i get. this is the hardest part of all having to say bye, but on the other hand knowing you have helped them and they are going to ab amazing new home is great.
thanks for listening and sory it is so long

This is Barney back to how he should be and ready for his new mam xx
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 10:34 PM
awww well done for looking after him fosters do such good jobs, i cant wait to start being a foster!

he looks lovely his new mum will be very happy x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 05:36 AM
I think you've done an amazing job. That pup looks a complete picture of health. Bless you for helping him.

Hope Tuesday is not too painful for you x0x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 06:41 AM
Gosh, well done you.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 06:50 AM
he certainly looks very healthy in those photos now, I dread to think of what his future would have been if you hadn't of taken him.

A very big well done to you and a good luck to Barney in his new home
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Well done Hun, that's just what I'd of done too. So all the best to Barney and I am sure his home will be great xxxxx all thanks to you
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 08:33 AM
what a blessing you took the pup - he looks so healthy now.
Good luck in your forever home, Barney
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Well done to you for saving Barney and nursing him into a beautiful pup. Do you know the people he is going to live with? I so hope you can stay in touch with him as you have done such a great job. Well done and hugs for Tuesday. x
charlieG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-10-2008, 08:42 AM
aww he look much more relaxed and happier than how u described u did a great job with him it must be hard to give him up
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2008, 08:48 AM
He looks great. I hope you reported the people to the RSPCA as the other dogs might not be looked after too if the pup was in such a bad state.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >