register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

04-06-2004, 03:21 PM
There is a pet shop in our high street that has two poodles dyed pink with bows in their top knots.
Chloe
Dogsey Senior

04-06-2004, 03:23 PM
I think that dog is waiting for a bus....to throw itself under.
Dozeydanes
Dogsey Senior

04-06-2004, 03:30 PM
I did feel sorry for them as everybody was pointing. people forget dogs have feelings as well.
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2004, 04:57 PM
when we go to goa in india they actually spray paint the poor stray dogs on religious feast days.we have tried to stop them as the poor dogs have often got open sores etc and the paint dries on really hard, but they just think we're english animal loving loonies, it's really cruel especially in that heat!!
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-06-2004, 10:45 PM
oh Candie, that's so horrible!!
Bon
Almost a Veteran

05-06-2004, 09:44 AM
The poor dogs, the paint would not allow their skin to breath, horrible.
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Awful about what those Indians do.

Lucy and Penny dyed different colors Oh the horror. Penny would go out with a papaer bag over her body if I ever embarrassed her like that. Lucy would probably never speak to me again, I got the cold shoulder for 3 weeks when I shaved her beard off (I try to shave it off every 2 years, it gets very dirty and if you don't wash it every week it starts to smell ), but I also shaved her little paws and clipped her hair to 1 and a half inches. She looked just like a little poodle.
Cassie Morr
New Member!
Female 

15-06-2009, 05:07 PM
I just found your site a short while ago and have to say... I'm loving that article of course! Tillie is my girl and MeMe is still my client, who is getting colored this Wednesday. LOL

I want to say though, that we pet stylists don't actually "dye" dogs. The word "dye" is often times confused with the chemical process used on human hair, when it's completely safe, non- toxic staining of the coat and is in no way dangerous to animals. I'll post some recent pics of Tillie on here soon!!!

Nice to meet you all, by the way!!
Cassie Morr
Cassie Morr
New Member!
Female 

15-06-2009, 05:14 PM
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 05:15 PM
It can be artistic in an odd way, not the just a pink dog ones.. But some of the extreme grooming.. but you do have to wonder how you walk down the street with the dog afterwards.. I assume you wash the colour out and go for a full clip as soon as the competition is over...

I googled extreme grooming and will put a few pics up that are openly online so people can see what we mean

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >