Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2009, 11:18 AM

Bbq!!

We are having a barbie tomorrow...our first one!! You see I am veggie and my OH has not bbqued before... so i am a little worried about poisoning our guests!!

Has anyone got any tips to make sure it all goes to plan?
And what is easy to do? I was just gonna do burgers, sausages with a salad....maybe some corn on the cob (how do you do that btw?!!)
Is the trick to just keep turning the meat? Sorry am bit dim

Thanks xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Burgers and sausages are easy - you can't go too badly wrong with them. Just make sure that the grill is at a sufficient height from the flames so that they cook but don't burn too quickly. And have a long enough pair of tongues so that you don't burn your hands

If you fancy trying chicken (e.g. wings/drumpsticks), a safer way is to micowave it first then finish it off on the BBQ - that way you can be fairly sure that the meat is cooked through but you get the BBQ flavour/browing on the outside.

As a veggie do you eat fish (I know a few that do)...if so, you can get some whole trout, add some lemon and a knob of butter then wrap it in tin foil. Just unwrap it from time to time to see how it is doing.

I've not done corn on the cob but would think you'd do it the same way as fish (but without the lemon!). You can also do jacket spuds that way - but I'd microwave them first or you will be waiting for them forever.

Make sure you have lots of sauces/relishes - its amazing how tasty a burnt burger can be with the right accompaniments

Hope you all have a lovely time