Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2020, 08:25 AM

Daily Thread Tuesday 22nd December

Good morning everyone

So pleased you are feeling better Harvey and long may it continue

Sorry about Amber but perhaps as others have said just let her potter out to the garden.

Damp underfoot but at least it is dry. Unfortunately heavy rain forecast again for tomorrow and into Thursday. Christmas is officially cancelled here as we are unable to leave our area (tier 4) so son in Brighton is home alone. He has bought himself a small turkey and some prawns and lettuce so he said dinner is sorted. I have been asked to help him cook the turkey so it will be cooked via FaceTime

Hope all are well
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2020, 10:36 AM
Morning Sue and all who follow.
I have popped in to wish everyone as happy Christmas as possible under the circumstances and hoping for a much better New Year for us all.

I have been popping in and out but nothing really to say. Except I did reply to Kazz regards her friend and how sorry I was and to Harvey when I saw the news.

Harvey hoping your health continues to improve.
griff so sorry you are having neighbour trouble again.
Moyra sorry about Amber hopefully as others have said let her potter in the garden maybe some of the umps although not necessarily not dangerous lumps maybe they are touching nerves or muscle and causing discomfort.
brenda glad to hear you sounding happier in your new home.

We are still in tier 2 so although one day now Christmas day instead of the 5 days we do still get Christmas with some of the family.
Our usual of Mark, Lauren and Joel visiting Boxing day is now off the cards but Lauren now she cannot visit any of her family as usual on Christmas day they will be spending it with us. All her family are in tier 4 in Essex and Herts.
My bother in Downham Market was supposed to be visiting my niece in Kent from Christmas eve till Boxing day that is now off as they are also in tier 4 so now will be joining us for Christmas day.
Michael our youngest is so pleased as we are that he didn't book a flight to the UK for Christmas. He would of either been stopped or got stuck in the UK as it seems we have been ostracised by most of the world at this time and who can blame them.
So a good decision made back at the end of October that he would miss Christmas with us this year.

I have some last minute shopping tomorrow but whether I will get all that I want I'm not sure due to the lorries being held at the ports never mind if not we will make do and mend as they say.
Pastry made yesterday for sausage rolls so I will be making them later while Gorden is doing his annual ritual of shopping in Cambridge today with Mark usually it is the three of them sometimes 4 if Joel joins in.
Just Mark and Gorden today.
Mince pies made yesterday, no Christmas cake this year couldn't be bothered usually only us 2 eat it anyway.

On that note I will bid you goodbye and maybe see in the New Year.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2020, 11:00 AM
Morning all
Sue.... brilliant use of facetime lol... really made me smile
Lynn, how lovely that you will have a house full of happiness Christmas day!!
Going to get weighed ąt the drs today... don't expect I have lost weight
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2020, 11:08 AM
We are very appreciative that we get to have some family time Christmas day griff, as so many won't.
Good luck with the weigh in.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2020, 11:54 AM
Thanks....I need it!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2020, 12:09 PM
Good afternoon all. Beautiful, sunny and reasonably mild here for the time of year.

Nice to see you back Lynn

Good luck with the weigh in Kelly

My youngest over in Yorkshire is very likely to be on his own this year although he does have a 'good' friend who may spend it with him and, cook dinner of course. His kids will go on Boxing Day although that could change as it seems my granddaughter is having some issues with her mum and definitely with her step dad.

We are all ready for the big day today. What we haven't got now stays in the shop

Last time French customs went on strike, the border was closed for over 40 days and there was little or no disruption to the supermarkets so I'm guessing a lot of the headlines are just scaremongering
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2020, 12:44 PM
I agree Chris plenty of local growers especially round here in the fens and farm shops for veg and eggs.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2020, 01:36 PM
Have a good day all, stay safe and well, God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2020, 02:15 PM
Afternoon all

Been busy and with work and just off out again with Gert while the weather holds. Catch you later.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2020, 02:53 PM
From 75.4 to 74.2kg....yay!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >