View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 07:55 PM

Got some bargains clothes shopping today....

In preparation for Charlie's visit to hospital and the fact I will be away from home I thought I'd better get some new clothes as most of my winter wardrobe is far too big for me now.... to go with my new haircut.

It's a bit like getting a holiday wardrobe but warmer!

So, I got a new bodywarmer in sainsbury's for £5 (my 8 year old one's zip gave up the ghost the other day ), then a lovely long (need long as I'm tall) grey lambswool sweater for £6, a pair of nice long lounge pants for £6 (so hard to get leg length for me) and my Monsoon alpaca cardi arrived from Ebay, new with tags, £25! (Tags say £75).

I am quite chuffed . Plus I had to get some pj's for the hospital stay (as don't own any ) and got some nice ones in tesco and another lovely jumper. All clothes there are 20% off at the mo too!

Oh, and I bought a pair of new 'everyday' boots and at the cash desk told them I wanted them a bit cheaper as one had a tiny scratch, so got £5 knocked off those too...... and wait for it.... the best bit was I tried a pair of knee length boots on, over my jeans, and they were too wide in the leg! I am on the way to having skinny pins lmao!

Quite a successful days shop, and am now sorted.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Oh where is the pics , then , I had a little splurge myself a few days ago , its great isnt it , some great bargains there hun , i spent a small fortune xxdk
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 08:06 PM
You did very well by the sounds of it Becky, and how I love a bargain as you well know!! I did the Tesco bit the other day for some t-shirts 20% off, and a lovely pair of brown suede warm boots for my dear old Mum, coz she'd been in a pair of £7 jobs from last winter, so I thought I'd treat her too!

I won't go into the pj bit!!!!!! I love my pj's, and I'd live in them all day if I could! I love the cotton bottoms that are cut-offs and a strappy vesty top! I'm in heaven in my pj's, all that air flowing around, unlike those tight, restricting jeans!

Well done on the weight loss by the sounds of it, clothes look so much better when you don't have to scrunch all the bits in don't they! Isn't it just typical though, now that I've lost all that weight, baggy stuff is back in fashion just when I want to show off my new trim figure! I hate those new big smocky type tops, and I don't think I'll bother with those!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Isn't it just typical though, now that I've lost all that weight, baggy stuff is back in fashion just when I want to show off my new trim figure! I hate those new big smocky type tops, and I don't think I'll bother with those!
Too true, whenever I was bigger and got the bigger clothes catalogues it was always 'empire line' this and that so there is no way I was to wear smocks now I have hips and a waist!
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
Too true, whenever I was bigger and got the bigger clothes catalogues it was always 'empire line' this and that so there is no way I was to wear smocks now I have hips and a waist!
Awwww sounds like you done well wish i had hips and a waist lol one day