Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2019, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon all.

Lot better day today. Still a bit 'drafty' but nowhere near as bad as last week and a half. If it hadn't been for the 5 minutes of hailstones as we were heading back to the car, it would have been a lovely morning.

Gary got his favourite scampi and chips for his birthday meal. We went to a fish restaurant. Got 2 mini fish and chips and the mini scampi and chips, bread and butte and diet cokes to drink. Far too much food for any of us to finish (despite supposedly mini) and all for £18.50. Can't fault it and it was all very good.

Gary bought himself yet another watch with his birthday money so he is well pleased with himself.

Glad you've also enjoyed your early birthday celebrations, Lynn. It's lovely when family comes together. We usually all get together for Gary's birthday, but my Brother-in-Law died last year so my sister couldn't come because she can't drive and my Brother and his Wife couldn't come because my Brother has Parkinsons which has progressed to a point where he can't drive now.

My Sister and Daughter will be over in summer though when the regular bus trips get going so we are all looking forward to that

Glad the birthday man had a good time and one cannot have to many watches according to my watch obsessed brother LOL

Lunch sounds lovely not had scampi in ages...hmmm. Changes in family traditions is what keep us on our toes.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2019, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
We go separately when we go over to Barnsley to visit the family too because my Sister won't have a dog in the house and I won't leave her in the car. The compromise is one of us stays home while the other goes over there. Gary goes too with whoever is going.

The bus trips were £9.50 last year so it actually works out cheaper than coming by car. Far cheaper if you factor in the extortionately high car park charges here. We buy a parking permit each year which allows us to use any of the ELDC car parks in the area. It was about £160 last year but compared to £8 or £9 parking in the car parks it works out well
Coach journeys are lovely and I suspect the bus ones are fine too. I have come to realise the coach trips to some places are cheaper and less hassle than me taking the car just do not like to be organised but will have to get over it.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2019, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Glad the birthday man had a good time and one cannot have to many watches according to my watch obsessed brother LOL
He's got somewhere between 25 and 30 watches. I've honestly lost count.

Unfortunately, he can never have just one of anything.

He also has 30 plus caps and about 10 coats.

Crazy, but you can't talk him out of his obsession to collect
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2019, 10:03 PM
Anyone watch the all star musical thing. I thought Daniel from corrie was brilliant. Night all.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2019, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Anyone watch the all star musical thing. I thought Daniel from corrie was brilliant. Night all.
Have not watched it but have sky+ it in and out rejogging the kitchen built my units cut the worktops to fit/adjust and painted the wall.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2