Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2023, 07:54 AM

Saturday 30th December 2023

Morning all. Down here on Beach Green in Lancing people are very good at picking up. Up on the downs not so much or in some of the parks. Most of the time I think, actuall I no, it is because people don't keep an eye on their dogs because they are either in groups chatting and not watching their dogs or on their mobile phones, again not keeping an eye on their dogs. The times I had to return a following dog to owners when I was out walking mine. Made me so cross having to down mine and return someone elses dog to them. Yep I had a good down with my dogs. Always did have. Have a good day everyone. Word for today: Nimming
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-12-2023, 08:11 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Very chilly here again today but the wind has left so that's a bonus. Oops its raining now.
Not sure what we're up to today I am thinking after walking Brewster Gorden and I maybe need to pop out and keep him in and us in the habit of him being left for a short while.
brenda the amount of times over the park when we walked Dillon there people in groups chatting and on phones and not knowing what their dogs were up to.

Michael landed back in Madrid safely after 2 days of catching up with friends in London and Harlow.
He remembered to message me and arrived home about 7 pm. He has today at home possibly tomorrow then drives up to Panticosa where Maca's parents have a villa and the family all go and go skiing and Michael snowboards if his knee is up to it.
So glad he is back safely in Madrid I hate him being in London these days.

I hope everyone has a good day today and only 2 days left till New Year.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2023, 10:00 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Hope you have a good day Brenda and you don't get wet walking

Good that Brewster had a good time in the field yesterday Lyn, little and often should help his hip muscles to strengthen. Hope he is a good boy whilst you pop out for a it. It is lovely when you receive a message that they are home safe. I have to do that with Ben when I travel back from his.

very dull and a little damp here. Teazle walked andI have made a white chocolate cheesecake for tomorrow's lunch, at the request of Paul who says it wouldn't be Christmas or New Year without one. Opps it is now raining.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-12-2023, 10:17 AM
That cheesecake sounds nice Sue. Enjoy.
We are lucky there is another field a little further only about a 10 min drive, we will be checking that out I think for our next off lead walk.
That one is only £6 a 1/2 hour. His hip looked better for his lead walk this morning stiff and a bit limpy when we got back but at least its slowly improving not getting worse.

I like to know he's home and the same with Mark and Lauren when they leave here we have a horrible stretch between us and them no street lights and dark fen roads an accident blackspot drivers who have been banned under the influence of drugs and alcohol have caused all the dreadful accidents along that stretch.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2023, 11:51 AM
Good morning all

Raining here all morning so the car came out to play

An afternoon reading me thinks and doing the washing in between. When I think how easy it is now to do the washing. Automatic machine, dryer and into the draws and cupboards
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2023, 11:59 AM
Morning all
Pleased Michael got home o.k and that Brewster seems to be doing o.k
Don't get me started on dog muck....hate it with a passion
Sue, make sure you get sat on the sofa and have someone get you some of that cheesecake and a coffee and they can wash up too!!
Brenda, I don't bother returning dogs, not my dog, not my problem, as long as they are friendly I just keep walking, I let the owner panic and run
I really don't believe this, I now have an appointment for 17 may for the sh*t NHS rheumatologist.....I don't think so!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-12-2023, 12:43 PM
Chris don't blame you for getting the car out.
griff well what a cheek I guess you will be telling them what they can do with their appointment.

We took a stroll to Sainsbury we hadn't long finished a coffee so we just popped to Sainsbury picked up a few bits and strolled home.
We left Brewster for three quarters of an hour today.
We watched the camera till out of range, some crying and scratching at the door but you can't hear it outside, same again on the way back with some howling thrown in.
When Gorden checked the camera when we got in he was mostly quiet and lying down.
No damage than he has already done when he was confined and we were home all the time or at least one of us was.

He is doing well seeing as this is only the 4th time left alone, two at 10 mins, one at 1/2 an hour and today at three quarters of an hour.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2023, 12:54 PM
Awww, he is a good boy, mine were great being left and then mum started working from home, they now have separation anxiety.
Chris, don't blame you using the car, I get soaked constantly.
Yes Lynn, they are going to be told to do one....the letter is dated the 27 December too, the day that I spoke to them! I just have a constant bloody headache now
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2023, 04:26 PM
Popped to town and got the bits mum wanted, wasn't gone long as I am still going bright red and pouring with sweat
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2023, 08:21 PM
Omg, the wind and rain!!!! I need to replace my CCTV cameras, they are letting water in, I bought replacements but my lazy dad didn't bother fitting them for me, I will call a lad out who I used before and get him to sort them for me