Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2023, 07:28 AM

Santas Reindeer Saturday 23rd December 2023

Morning all. Yep on this the 23rd day of Christmas I have now got the reindeer ready for tomorrow when Santa will arrive to collect his sleigh ready to go off and start his deliveries. Just hope the snow holds off. That gives you a clue as to where he will start from. Hope you don't have to do any panic buying. Mind you it does make it feel more festive shopping on the penultimate day. Only 2 sleeps to go kids and dawgie four paws and kitties. Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2023, 10:15 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Still very windy here and chilly. Hope the wind subsides for Michael's flight tomorrow it may be a bumpy ride and landing otherwise.
Brewster met a Spaniel this morning and was very polite while having a good sniff, the Spaniel can be a little grumpy and suddenly barked at him, he stepped back then after a minute went in for a polite sniff again, the Spaniel stepped back and barked and Brewster backed off stood calmly while e had a quick chat with his owner.
His owner remembered Brewsters name even though he only met him a couple of times when we were out and about with him.
We have had mad zoomies while trying to get him ready to go out, a lot of jumping, less mouthing thankfully and then a walk and he is now settled in the garden resting.
Hopefully for quite a while while we get all the last minute jobs done.
Roll on the new year and off lead exercise. I don't want wet or icy weather until he has had the chance to zoom around a field a few times.
Grandad Gorden had a nice time yesterday they popped out to Dobbies and Gorden took some lovely photos of Freya in the sleigh and against the wall that had wings etc., and some kind ladies offered to take one of Grandad and Freya together.
They then popped into the cafe for an americano and a babychino.

brenda of course the Reindeer had to come and stay and rest before their busy night tomorrow.
You will be sad to see your menagerie return to their natural homes. It has been fun taking part.
Kazz have a nice day.
griff it is disgusting the way some Dr's and consultants treat their patients. It seems though the way to go is your private consultant The trouble is its all expensive.
Sue I hope you have a quiet day today. Or are you busy getting ready for the family to converge for Christmas dinner ?
Chris I hope you have enjoyed your breakfast out.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2023, 11:36 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

How lovely to be able to look after Santa's reindeer. You will be sad when the menagerie goes back home. How a good day

How stupid can some doctors be. Poor you Kelly and Lauren they need reporting.

Good boy Brewster in your lovely calm greeting even tough the spaniel was a bit grumpy. Hope he is now settled for some time so you can get on with the jobs that need doing

Lovely morning here. There sun keeps trying to come out ab]nd it is quite breezy so washing on the line, Teazle walked and a bit of gardening done.Housework now done too and now cooking lunch. Tomorrow is my busy day getting tinged ready for Christmas Day.

`take care everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2023, 01:03 PM
Pleased to report Brewster is being very good especially when I was cutting up chicken for Michael's favourite dish Caribbean peanut chicken in the slow cooker.
Gorden had popped out.
He was sat right by my knee but behaving so that's good in my book.

Same here for me tomorrow Sue a change for me as I usually have Christmas eve and day to get ready for Boxing day.

I could do with putting my washing on the line but I know it will just cause issues with Brewster seeing it as a game at the moment.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2023, 03:02 PM
Afternoon all
Ahhhh well done Brewster, tbf, my Kota is a grumpy sod too lol.
Sue, I hope someone at least makes you a tea or coffee tomorrow!!
Brenda, I went to poundshop, Iceland and home bargains...none were busy! Boots however...was there for three quarters of an hour.
I have managed to sort my drugs, my consultant viewed the letter the NHS consultant sent to me....he is disgusted, he said my GP has completely compromised me and there was no reason to do it..... I have told him, in amongst tears that I trust him completely and I have no reason to doubt him or his treatment of me, I have refused to attend the appointment on the 10th, politely requested a referral to him in Oxford and I will be putting in a complaint about my care at uhcw and putting a complaint in at my GP practice....I guess I need to move practice after 40 years
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2023, 03:09 PM
It's also 10 years ago today that I had to have my first dog PTS, she was the best dog ever.....an absolute dream who taught me so much and had the best 13 years with her
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-12-2023, 03:33 PM
Well done griff I hope the complaints are noted and dealt with.
I hope Lauren's will be too especially as the lady gp she spoke to put in the complaint about her treatment.

It was 2 years this year this month that we had to have Dillon put to sleep our 3rd Christmas without him.
Never a day goes by that all 3 previous dogs are in my thoughts.

Brewster is snoring away with his head hanging out of the patio door so another walk may not happen.
Well both trees up one indoors and one in the cabin, plus Gorden put the outside lights up earlier.
Brewster was allowed out the front with us until he decided he would like to munch on the wire so in the back garden he had to stay while Gorden finished off.
Must say I never expected to get all those things done.
I have also made the apple sauce for Christmas day, tea for tomorrow evening and the gammon is cooked.
Washing all up to date.
Pork belly is defrosting, just the veggies to prepare.

Feeling a little more relaxed just got to get through Christmas day now with him and Michaels visit, he has been warned not to bring nice clothes to wear here as we still have a problem most day with Brewsters teeth.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2023, 03:48 PM
Lynn, Michael understands dogs, he will get it, Kota absolutely loses it when she sees Andrew, jumping on him etc etc, I just keep telling her out and putting her in the hall then letting her back in, when the unwanted behaviour begins again, out she goes....she has really got the hang of it now and it used to be around half an hour it took me but now....maybe 5 minutes
Glad you have managed to get all of what you wanted to done... brilliant
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2023, 09:29 PM
Good evening all

Another quite mild day here and we have found a new breakfast place in the village - well actually it's a pub, but the breakfasts are lovely and well priced.

Lynn, try not to worry too much. I was terrified how Ted would react to my son and grandson as he can be quite nervous around men. The first 20 mins or so he barked at them then slowly approached my grandson and ended up on his knee.

I cook the turkey Christmas Eve so a busy afternoon in prospect tomorrow.

Bathed Ted yesterday as he was getting a bit mucky and of course his hair dried straight over his eyes so that's now been trimmed. Can't wait to clipper him in spring because he looks much better with it short
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2023, 10:02 PM
Lol bless ted needing a trim
Steve's coming to collect his crimbo pressies tomorrow, no idea about time but will put them in the porch.....3 massive bags for him and one for Molly, next year, I won't do so much.....if there is a next year...the way things are with my dad, I am expecting a prison term