View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2023, 08:34 PM
So glad it was a lovely day Chris and that Ted soon settled.
griff that is annoying and not very neighbourly.
We had a camera rat cam and we also used to put talc down on the floor you can see footprints and the mark of their tail, ig gives you sone idea of where they are heading.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2023, 10:31 PM
Yes Lynn, I have always been honest as has the woman at the far end, next door for whatever reason....I assume money just say nothing. We bought her traps before and also made sure we covered her drains with mesh.... when the people at 27 were having drain issues ( they bought the house of horrors) they asked all the neighbours about manhole covers, we have been here 40 years and there's been no cover in our garden but there is one at the rat house, she told the lady at 27 that her extension was built on it but......I knelt on her cover putting mesh over her drains! The people in the house of horrors are going to have to have their back garden dug up because she has denied having an access point.
I have repeatedly explained how to prevent encouraging vermin but she continues to do the same thing, she fails to grasp that the floors are connected so they can run the full length of four houses, I put literally everything into airtight stacka boxes..... including tins!! I have the kickboards off once a week, check for droppings and ensure the traps are set, I put tin foil, wire wool and no more big gaps in small holes and wire mesh over larger holes but I am literally at the end of my tether! I used to feed the birds there was never any food on the floor as the pigeons cleared up, she kept on and on about me feeding the birds so I stopped....I want a quiet life yet it appears she can't grasp the idea of putting food into hygienic airtight containers.
I actually said to Steve tonight that I am considering getting another cat! I never had issues when Dex was here and this has been going on for a couple of years now and I am running out of ideas, I sent Steve the video of the roof and I can't tell you his words but they were very very sweaty. Another day of half killing myself and cutting myself and spending time cleaning my cuts to make sure I don't get an infection.......... anyone want a house????
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2023, 11:11 PM
Many moons ago we had a shed in the back garden of one of the houses we had. Next door reported to the Environmental Health that we had rats under said shed (never said a word to me). EV came out and had a look, set a few traps and went round next door and gave them a thorough ticking off. They had dug a small hole in their garden and they scraped any food waste into it.

Hole was filled in and no rats were ever seen again

The neighbour said they hadn't realised putting food out had encouraged the flaming thing
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2