Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2023, 07:08 AM

Salamander Saturday 16th December 2023

Morning all. Yep on the 16th day of Christmas I have been sent some salamanders the fiery ones. Just as well as the snow has arrived here at the Manor and all the animals have decided to get their sleighs out and go down the hills here. Very magical.
Have a good day all. Only 9 sleeps to Christmas kids.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2023, 09:38 AM
Good morning Brenda and all

Go wash your mouth out Brenda - snow indeed. Not allowed.

Just waiting for my son and grandson to turn up. Already a week late as should have been here last weekend. He did say 9.30 am today, but I can forgive half an hour or so because our roads are awful and full of roadworks at this time of year.

What we do from there depends where they want to go
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2023, 10:09 AM
Good morning Brenda and Chris

Why don't you go and join in the animals fun Brenda

Hope your son and grandson arrive safe Chris and you have a good day with them

Damp here this morning so that put my plans of a bit of gardening on hold so instead have washed dog blankets and all the cushion covers off sofas and also given Teazle a bath, much to her disgust She did have a lovely walk first and made two new doggy friends.

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2023, 12:40 PM
Sue I am there in spirit all the time. Nah can't do that Chris and it is just make believe. Daughter in America has just emailed to say the second litter arrived safely yesterday. 2 boys and a girl.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2023, 12:54 PM
Afternoon all
Had my bill come through from my consultant, knocked £20 off bless him. Paid it last night...very straightforward, scan a qr card enter your card details and done... fantastic.
Waiting for Amazon then will scramble into the loft and check the traps and block the gap between next door and ours...well try to!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2023, 01:55 PM
Good afternoon brenda, Chris, Sue, griff and all to follow.
I am not long back from meeting my brother at the garden centre near him for coffee and cake before Christmas. He will go to my nieces for Christmas.

Neither of us in the christmas spirit so an hour or so moaning about everything wrong in the world trying to stay away from politics as we are very different on our political views and a wander around the Christmas shop.
The loveliest thing about that was the children were all excited about the Christmas figures etc.,

brenda, glad the puppies are here safely. Enjoy the snow.
Chris have a lovely time with your son.
Sue damp here too. I am not washing dog covers though.
griff that was nice a £20 reduction. We found chicken ire and expanding foam useful.
Kazz have a lovely day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2023, 06:44 PM
Good afternoon all the early 5am starts mean I ome home potter and then pop on should be back to normal Monday so have a good weekend all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2023, 07:20 PM
We have just received some sad news.
Our friend Don who had Huntingdons died this morning, I have just heard from Jacky.
Jacky and I were just chatting on the phone the other evening and she was saying how well he was doing after we all thought she would lose him due to covid.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2023, 07:36 PM
The lads came and it was so lovely to see them. I asked them what they wanted to do and in unison they said breakfast in town so breakfast in town is what we did.

The weather God smiled on us and it was lovely and mild so we all enjoyed it

They were Ted's first visitors to his house and as he's a bit nervous of men I was worried. I needn't have been. He barked for about 10 minutes then ended up on my Grandson's knee and loved him to bits.

So today has been lovely. Ted has been lovely after a rocky start so all is well in my World today
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2023, 08:25 PM
I am so very sorry to hear about Don but I am glad his suffering has passed.... terrible time to lose him.
Chris, how wonderful that Ted has taken to the family.
I went in the loft, I am actually raging! It has come from the neighbours....I could see some concrete and I looked a bit closer and it's come through the cavity, chewed part of a beam and chewed a fist sized hole in the brick. I am raging because she obviously knew....she was clearing stuff out in her back loft room and was quite panicked about it, she was going on about the other side of me having rats in the attic...I asked how did she know? She was saying she has spoken to the workmen....but she told me previously that she never spoke to the workmen....I reckon it's come through from her side and instead of just saying something and us all trying to resolve the issue....nope, because it would cost money, not going to happen. We had a mouse before and I called her and told her and she then admitted that she had a problem ( it was actually her problem that passed to me because of adjoining floors) she stores uncooked lentils and chic peas in their bags in the bottom cupboards, I told her before to stick them in airtight containers and remove the kickboards and look for gaps in the brick work....nope just continued doing the same. I have popped mesh over the hole for now but I have bought a camera so I can check where it has come from and block it's access from wherever it is. Really really p*seed off, covered in cuts and bruises and my joints are killing me
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >