Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2023, 07:45 AM

Flamingo Friday 8th December

Today you have been sent 8 flamingos to enhance your menagerie Brenda. Just remember to get the right food in

Dry here this morning and just about to take Teazle out then it is housework and library. ~On duty this afternoon again.

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2023, 07:58 AM
Spooky Sue as that is what I wrote down last evening to order for those flamingos which I knew were coming as saw them fly over beating Santa's sleigh which is also on his way.lol!! Thanks fior settling them in. Tomorrow I have a surprise coming for the menagerie. Have a good day and everyone else. Chris I expect Ted was giving you his doggy cuddle because he could sense you were feeling underpa. Hope you feel better today.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2023, 10:01 AM
Good morning both and glad the flamingo's have arrived safely they stoped at mine for a freshen up staying in the backgarden, they set off in formation which was s sight to see.

Had a lovely day yesterday coffee catchup with Cath and Sue, and then onto the litter pickers get together Christmas jumper style.

Sue Sounds like a nice day for you, today is dry here.

Brenda You are going to be busy supervising the menagerie today poor old Church a dodgy hip did you say is that due to an accident?

Chris Hope you have managed to rebuild yourself with cups of tea and Ted cuddles, glad Dave is on the mend.

Lynn You have some nice friends, hope you both manage to get Brewster out I saw yesterday a guy running with a Dobe and he had a lead attatched to his "waist" he said it centres him more for any random "jerk/mishap"

Griff Have a good day and how is your wrist now?

Catch you all later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2023, 10:11 AM
Morning Sue, brenda and all to follow.
Wet underfoot, but not raining and sunny plus it's warmer which is a bonus.
We have been for a bit longer walk with the hip brace on.
Nightmare getting it on he kept chasing it around when we got it on, so stressed him out and hyped him up before getting his harness on and out of the door and gate.
He pulled like a train trying to get away from what was on his rear end.
We did do a slightly longer walk though and the hip was better, we are going to have to review though shorter walks increasing every few days or try to continue with the brace.
He has just started on Boswellia reviews are excellent for helping joints more comfortable. So that's possibly the route to go ?
Also the fly snapping increased when we got home so I think we can put that down to stress and anxiety.

Off to post the parcels to Madrid guessing I will need a mortgage.
Also post Christmas cards.
Washing when I get back. Plus another walk for Brewster.

The Flamingos sound lovely Sue. I hope your journey this afternoon is not stressful.
You spoil us with your surprises brenda.
griff I hope you have a good day.
Chris I hope Dave is better and you have recovered from yesterday.
Kazz have a lovely day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2023, 10:15 AM
Morning Kazz, I tried that once with Ollie and only once.
I couldn't match the power of Ollie back then in 2006/7.
I never tried it with Dillon for that reason and I certainly in my mid 60's would not contemplate it with Brewster.
I think I would end up in hospital either for a heart attack or a bad fall or both.
I must admit they are a good idea and a good way to walk your dog if you have a relatively calm dog and one that doesn't see you as a cart behind them.

Your day yesterday sounds lovely.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2023, 12:17 PM
Morning all
Chris, hope you feel better today, look.after yourself Mrs
Kazz, the wrist is still bad but the rest of me is now catching up...my left blood tests are off, will have to stop my treatment for a while I think, then I took some naproxen because my back was going..... been bad all night to the point I have actually contemplated casualty a few times.... hoping it is now passing
Lynn, I used boswelia with diesel and she did brilliantly on it, she had ed, had and awful arthritis from a pup...she got to 13 bless her
Sue, I hope you manage to get some time for you.... It will be the holidays soon. Will the girls mum come for Christmas?
Brenda, do Tesco stock all the food for your menagerie?? We can't even get salad tomatoes from ours lol
I am seeing my consultant tomorrow, I have to go because even if I don't attend I am liable for the consultation fee, I have also bought him an engraved pen for Christmas so i.have to drop that off...I bought him one years ago but he left before I could drop it off....not making the same mistake this time, cost a bomb!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2023, 01:41 PM
griff sorry the back is so bad. Glad you are going to see your consultant.
We have some Boswellia just arrived capsules and Brewster has the powder so we can get the dosage right for him.
I have some capsules for the boys to try too. Michael has a bad knee and Mark suffers with his back.
Brewster had a runny poo on his 2nd walk hoping he will tolerate the Boswellia it is one of the side effects or it could be stress from wearing the hip brace he really isn't keen.

Needed a mortgage for the parcels and the 2nd class stamps. It was only a pound more to send them tracked so I paid the pound on each one.
All Christmas cards are sent now.
Bought a few bits on offer for the boys in Tesco beard oil and shower gel have socks and pants coming for them so need some bits for Lauren, get them some sweets and the rest they have as money.

Just the actual Christmas food shop to do.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2023, 03:07 PM
We sent a card to Alicante and it was £3 odd.... nothing in the card, just a card, wasn't tracked or anything.
The naproxen has done something to my stomach...has happened before, had a dreadful night with pain in my tummy and an upset stomach too....I tried going back to bed but the dogs are not having it.
Yes upset tummy can be a side effect of boswelia, I think it introduced it over a few days with diesel, hers were capsules that I could open and reseal...which was handy!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2023, 04:19 PM
Ah Kelly I just wave magic dust at this time of year. Ho ho ho!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2023, 06:58 PM
Good evening all

Mostly fighting fit again today except for a naggingly achy ankle, but that will go in a couple of days unless I do something daft again. Dave is one heck of a lot better though which is good

I use a waste lead with Ted because it's easier with the scooter but I wouldn't attempt it with a large dog

On the hip brace you have Lynn, how Brewster is reacting sounds similar to how Ted reacted first to his harness when we first got him and then to his jumper when the weather turned. He loves them now so maybe Brewster will be the same once he gets used to the brace
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >