Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bulldog1972
New Member!
Male 

19-05-2009, 01:04 PM

Help with Dillon's food

Dillon and food ?

Dillon is now coming up to 8 1/2 months, we knew that when we first had him that the bulldog can have a sensitive tummy and have always been prepare for that. This has now really been going on for months or i suppose when we first had him. We have taken him to the vets so many times and they give him test after test and comes back with nothing. We have give him jwb first on puppy then went on to junior and have given him the senative tin food from the vets royal canin. Which seemed to do the trick, and took him off the tin food over a few weeks and kept with jwb, things were really good and we could take him for a walk without the bottle of water, wetwipes and a load of poo bags !!!
And then a few weeks later we need all those items again and its a nighmare and really not very fair on him.
After reading in other threads about the size off the kibble and if he could be allergic to the dry food it got us thinking again.
Do we change to a large kibble for senative tums or do we change and put him on to tinned meat ??????? We are also going away and really worried that if he has the runs while he is there will the kennels clean his bum?? so worried about him in general and what to do for the best, its his first time in kennels and just worried that it will make thing so much worse for his tum.
Any advice would be great

thank you.......
weim1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-05-2009, 04:03 PM
I feed my dog chicken breast,brown rice and veggies for that reason exactly fixed it right up
Bulldog1972
New Member!
Male 

19-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Thank you for that i will give it a go,got to try everything and i didnt think of that so thank you.
i will let you know how it goes...
Alf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Our Chesy nearly died with tum problems a couple of years ago, and the only food that is safe to feed him is Chappie original tinned.
Vets used to recommend this food for sensitive tums before all this dry food came along
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Have you thought about raw feeding? That is what sorted Jess's tummy out (I won't feed tinned, so that wasn't an option for me, but I've heard Chappie is great for dogs with sensative tummies)
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Has giardia been ruled out? see:

http://www.canismajor.com/dog/giardia.html

If not, the suggestion of Chappie might be good idea. If he were my dog, I'd feed the tinned Chappie along with the mixer to fill him up a little more (the water content of tinned food is high) and see what happens.
Alf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Has giardia been ruled out? see:

http://www.canismajor.com/dog/giardia.html

If not, the suggestion of Chappie might be good idea. If he were my dog, I'd feed the tinned Chappie along with the mixer to fill him up a little more (the water content of tinned food is high) and see what happens.
Chappie is the original complete food, no need to add anything
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Chappie is the original complete food, no need to add anything
Just stating what I would do. Tinned food can be very unfilling for a dog used to eating dried kibble. Chappie does a mixer for feeding in addition to the tinned, so I thought I'd throw that suggestion in the pot.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 10:46 PM
One of mine has a very sensitive tum and any dried food seems to upset it.
I put her on Chappie tinned chicken and rice mith some plain Tesco mixer and she has thrived on it.
It also sorted out her crystals in her urine as well and she has not had another problem with that either.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2009, 05:17 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
One of mine has a very sensitive tum and any dried food seems to upset it.
I put her on Chappie tinned chicken and rice mith some plain Tesco mixer and she has thrived on it.
It also sorted out her crystals in her urine as well and she has not had another problem with that either.
Just going to take back the problem with the urine as I am going to have to take her to the vets today as she is suddenly haveing trouble with having a wee. First time in a year or more though, which is good for her.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >