View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-09-2011, 09:41 PM

Have you ever fallen in love with a dog you shouldn't have??

Have you ever fallen in love with a dog you shouldn't have??

And the reasons why ??
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Yes... And no...
But I love that 8uzzcocks tune!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Who would have thought a Buzzcocks song would inspire a question on dogsey ..
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Yes! I fell in love with Molly when I really shouldn't have done because I wasn't meant to be looking for a dog. But I saw her and then I knew I had to have her.. so I ended up with her and it was totally worth it
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 01:06 AM
DDB - think they are gorgeous dogs, doubt I will ever have one but one can look
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 06:47 AM
Yes... I totally fell in love with the welsh springer I found wandering and scared in Newport.... I kept him for the legal amount of time. We did everything required to try and find his owners. Until the dog warden said he was mine. I was so happy..

But just a few weeks later a man pulled over in a van claimed the dog was his and that I had stolen him. Knew enough about him and his markings that he couldn't see to convince me this was probably true, then bundled him up in the back of his van and left me holding just a collar and lead on the side of the road.

I am still devastated that I let him do this... When I play it back. I stop him, I scream, I do something, anything. But at the time I just stood there in dumb shock and watched my darling boy get driven away.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Yes... I totally fell in love with the welsh springer I found wandering and scared in Newport.... I kept him for the legal amount of time. We did everything required to try and find his owners. Until the dog warden said he was mine. I was so happy..

But just a few weeks later a man pulled over in a van claimed the dog was his and that I had stolen him. Knew enough about him and his markings that he couldn't see to convince me this was probably true, then bundled him up in the back of his van and left me holding just a collar and lead on the side of the road.

I am still devastated that I let him do this... When I play it back. I stop him, I scream, I do something, anything. But at the time I just stood there in dumb shock and watched my darling boy get driven away.

OMG that's so sad

I fell in love with Bailey when I first saw him on the re-homing site and really shouldn't have at the time I lived in a 2 up 2down terraced house, already had Pop n Kiz, the house was just too small and he's sooo big I wasn't looking for a dog for myself but my mum!!

However, all's well that ends well and I do believe it was 'meant' to be I dread to think what would've happened had someone else got him what with his sight issues, I have visions of him being passed around from owner to owner and rescue to rescue - until someone as daft as me came along
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post

Oh noooo how sad
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Yes - but it turned out my instincts were right to start with.
A friend asked me to help rehome (home checks, publicity) two dogs whose owner had died. I took one look at the old GSD girl -so bewildered and yet dignified that I knew she was mine. We did the full homing thing and though there were loads of possible homes, they were all unsuitable.
Then she ran away from my friends house. K came round and we went out looking. I knew where she`d be, She`d gone home. There she was, three miles away on her old doorstep. I took her home with me and she never left.
It turned out she had advanced mammary cancer and she stayed with me for the time she had left. She was such a lovely girl - it was a priviledge to have her until she rejoined her beloved Daddy.

krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Yup - this gorgeous girly!

She was our Christmas foster, was a teeny (OK, more than just a teeny) bit smitten with her from walking her at the kennels and just fell head over heels with her in a home environment. Sadly her and Kiki really didn't get along and had to be kept totally seperate, and OH found it all a bit too stressy and was adament she was to go back to kennels after Christmas. Part of me wishes I'd got a behaviourist out and worked on it, but part of me knows he had the sensible side worked out as a third dog just wouldn't be right at the minute. She's since found a fab new home thankfully though!

I did also fall for Casper two months before I was ready to get a dog. That one worked out just fine though - I just made myself ready! Buying and putting up 6' fencing around the garden in about 2 days, it was pretty impressive Also driving down the motorway just a week or two after passing my driving test, that was a little scary but knowing Casper was waiting at the other end of it helped!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >