Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2005, 11:46 AM

Oddest name

Well my brother has just been here and made me laugh he has been the park watching his lad play football and there was a man there with a Dobermann called wait for it.................................Sausage.......

Whats the oddest name you've come across?

Karen
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2005, 11:49 AM
LOL... that's a great name....

I met a little pug the other day called Obi... after the character from star wars

Mind you our last dog started out being called Ben but we used to call him Petete or Potato most of the time

And Archie is called froglet or Archie-bishop a lot so that's a bit odd as well
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2005, 01:56 PM
lol i call logan logi, logi beard (john logi beard invented tv) the beard, bearded one, and LOGAN AXEL BUNCE YOU GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!)

vinny-i dont know if he will be vinny or vincent yet, as i quite like both. but atm he is brutus

eddie- i call him edward ween burger lol
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-10-2005, 02:10 PM
I once got talking to a doberman owner in the park and they had called their dog "yenom" because it's "money" spelt backwards. She said it was because the dog had cost so much in food and bills as a puppy.

I won't even begin to tell you some of the pet names my poor unfortunate animals have had over the years. I wouldn't want to embarrass them or myself.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Friends of mine decided to call their GSD Ralph cause he could say his own name!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2005, 02:29 PM
One thing I advise is - DON'T LET YOUR KIDS NAME YOUR DOG! I have come across a little dog locally (long-haired Dachshund????) called "Puffle", and my nearest neighbours have a JRT called "Peanut".

Which leads me to a wee problem I have - how do I get Mrs S to stop calling Snorri-dog "Tweeters"? (It's a massive distortion of "Sweetiepie"). Personally, I think that calling him something ridiculous like "Tweeters" is taking away whatever dignity he has.

He was named after an Icelandic warrior-chieftain about 1000 years ago, who could not have been less of a Tweeters if he'd tried!

Snorri
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2005, 02:45 PM
ive also met a jrt called peanut!
And ive met another jrt called Twiglet!
Ive come across some youths calling their dog back as he was running towards us... he was a very large rottie.. and they were calling 'SATAN'.

oh, and my mums friend started calling my mums dog scruffy.. scruffy doos. So rather embarassing when he was in my possession and the only name he would respond to was 'DOOOOOS' said in a high squeaky voice
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2005, 02:51 PM
A friend of mine has a lovely little black Pug called Bug! He is soo cute!

Mind you talking about weird names! My stepmother has 2 setters called Nils and Daphne! I have totally got used to it, but people still laugh when they hear me call them!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2005, 03:25 PM
I know someone who's daughter called thier stafford Ripple
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny
And ive met another jrt called Twiglet!

There was a staffy pup at the vets the other week called Twiglet! She was very cute
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »