Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Why are you sorry?

How could Moobli possibly have told Bijou about Snorri BEFORE she posted?
Read the WHOLE thread in fact go to page 4 wher Bijou first makes the comment, then read Moobli's reply

Jann
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
Read the WHOLE thread in fact go to page 4 wher Bijou first makes the comment, then read Moobli's reply

Jann
I have , you go do that then see that Bijou could NOT possibly have known about Snorri BEFORE she posted, as I said! She also apologised to snorri but stood by her morals, why is that wrong?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
This is going to sound daft, but it's true, nevertheless.........

Just suppose I could both manage and afford to traipse South for a well-bred, tested BC, the reaction I'd get locally would be that I was some sort of snob, such as "So, an Orkney dog isnae good enough for ye?" Most might say that this doesn't matter, but in a rural area like this, it can colour every relationship you have.

True, I have had one epileptic dog, the condition was probably inherited (that's the usual acquisition route), but it was idiopathic (ie no identifiable cause), and, as far as I'm aware, there is no test that can be done beforehand (by all means, prove me wrong), so the fact that he came from working stock is irrelevant.

Actually, many of my neighbours thought I was crazy to keep an epileptic dog - they thought I ought to have him shot. Hmmmm, farmers.

Snorri
Snorri.
If I were to say to you a well bred pup from health tested parents could be found and got to you, would you accept it in preference to the one you are thinking of?
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2009, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I have , you go do that then see that Bijou could NOT possibly have known about Snorri BEFORE she posted, as I said! She also apologised to snorri but stood by her morals, why is that wrong?

I think you're just trying to pick an argument with someone as usual i nevr said Bijou knew about Snorri BEFORE she posted her first post now did i what i said was she had made her comment which was then answered by Moobli as to Snorri's circumstances, but Bijou still went on about health testing etc etc after she had been informed.

Jann
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Snorri.
If I were to say to you a well bred pup from health tested parents could be found and got to you, would you accept it in preference to the one you are thinking of?

'Twould depend on cost and speed. Obviously, I'd prefer to pick it (wouldn't we all?), but I'm listening.................

Snorri
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 12:16 AM
Best of luck to you snorri that the pup you choose is the one you hope for.

The first dog we got after moving to Ireland was a dog we said we would have as he was a failed sheep dog. We hadn't seen him or anything and he turned up at our house with baler twine round his neck. He turned out to be a fabulous dog. No pedigree no health tests but a wonderful pet. If we had said no he would have been shot.

Its very obvious you love your dogs and I wish you all the very best in finding your new addition to your family.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2009, 12:28 AM
The sooner the better - at the moment, my last thoughts before sleep are of Snorri-dog; my first on waking are of Snorri-dog, and when I get up, I find myself looking for him.

He would have been a total failure as a working sheepdog (he was scared silly by sheep), but he made up for it by being the PERFECT pet - I could never have asked for better, he just did everything right.

I think that getting to grips with a new pup might allow me to concentrate on the happy memories of my super little boy.

Snorri
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2009, 05:57 AM
my last thoughts before sleep are of Snorri-dog; my first on waking are of Snorri-dog, and when I get up, I find myself looking for him.

just heart breakingly beautiful words and every one of us who shares our lives with dogs will understand just what they mean -Snorri despite my 'nit picking' I do wish you well in your hunt for a new pup - you can visit all of my mad bunch here [Link removed] ( I have taken a peek at your website too !.)
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Actually, I haven't even seen this local pup yet: in fact, he may not even be available any more (still awaiting phone call), and I may still have to do a bit more hunting. Whatever, as Snorri-dog's successor, he will be heir to the same conditions, both physical and emotional. And, of course, the same job description - "Be a friend and companion" ; the job Snorri did so well.

Snorri
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Thread split and post moved here..
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=99331

Good luck in your search for a new friend Snorri, I hope you find one very soon xx
Page 11 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >