Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 07:35 PM

My dog is a thief

My flatcoat has always had a love of apples, he's sometimes gotten the apple core after we've eaten one and he's that cheeky he's taken them out of the horses food bowl on occassion !

Since we moved last year we've got a lovely apple tree in the back garden, I assumed the apples would be fine on the tree, til 10 mins ago, where the computer is set up I can see out into the back garden and watch the dogs in out there, a movement caught my eye, it was tree branch -- of the apple tree.

Stood up to get a better look and bloody Casper was on his back feet in a perfect balancing act, harvesting the apples of the tree !!! He got two in his mouth, dropped down to the ground, spat them out (one got swiped straight away by the golden) and he was back up dancing on his hind feet again picking another gobful off. Once there was three or four on the lawn he settled down to his after dinner snack !

I would never have thought that dog would have the intelligence to do that. Guess I was proved wrong !
Clipper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-08-2007, 07:56 PM
LOL Willow, that is one smart dog you have there. Gair & Fernie love apples too but they have to make do with stealing them from the fruit bowl. Still so long as your lot enjoyed the apples, that's the main thing.
Clipper & the furry gang
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 08:24 PM
I caught Max doing this yesterday!!
He also did it to the plum tree!!

Mind you, if I offered him plums or appes, he'd refuse. Obviously tastes better once yo've "caught" it yourself!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Tsk tsk you should know better than underestimate a flatties intelligence Willow!!! They may act daft as brushes but its all for show.
Made me laugh, the August pic on my flattie calander is a flattie with a basket of apples and one in his mouth...sound familiar!!!!! You coud have taken a pic of the handsome, clever lad at least!!!!
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 09:19 AM

Send him in our direction he'd love it, we've got a huge apple tree at the bottom of the garden which is shedding apples like there's no tomorrow at the minute.

He could feast to his hearts content
ellie.ford
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Thats a lovely story, that made me smile. Ive aso got a theif lol Dana the dalmatian, she'll pinch anything and oddly enough she quite likes fruit too.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 08:31 PM
lol see mom you dont know how clever he is
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2008, 08:32 PM
at least they are good for them !! it could be worse he could be doing it with the biscuit jar - then there would be trouble !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very clever dog - bruno would sit at the bottom and bark til it fell off - he would be very old though !!LOL
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2008, 06:20 AM
Oh love him! That would make a great video
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2008, 10:31 AM
what a clever lad. I like the way he gets several at a time too, rather than having to back each time
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >