Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 12:30 PM

Watch Out!! Wet Paint!!

Anyone know how to translate for the dog?

Here are a few pictures of Louie who decided that when we were painting the stairs and the spindles in between with Gloss, he'd stick his head through the middle..resulting in gloss on his ears and muzzle. I've already cleaned off his muzzle before he had chance to lick round his mouth - so no worries.

Then he decided to lay down on the newspaper that had been left down to stop the paint on the ceiling of an archway from going on the floor..resulting in gloss on his tail and paw.

Please note that we got most of the white off him with a bit of washing up liquid mixed with a bit of Cif and warm water. The rest is going to be taken off later with diluted turps - and yes we will be careful, he's going in the shower with me afterwards to get rid of it all. Unless there is something else that will get gloss off fur?

Just when I thought he was getting to be a clever boy
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Oh heck!! Isn't it just typical of a dog to have to have a nosey at what you're doing!!

Hope you get the paint off (and the hairs off the paintwork!!)
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 01:13 PM
No hairs on the paintwork - Louie is long haired but doesnt moult as of yet. He's still getting his adult coat through. I know we should have had him in a different room but we had plumbers in fitting a boiler and gas pipes and we were painting the stairs and archways into different rooms so it was inevitable.

But thanks anyway, I hope to have him all cleaned up soon, wont be first dog that was a different colour, Sadie (who generally has the tipical white BC tip) had a red one for a few days when her owners decorated. It was amusing to see peoples faces when they saw her tail and were all like what breed is she? lol
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Sadie (who generally has the tipical white BC tip) had a red one for a few days when her owners decorated. It was amusing to see peoples faces when they saw her tail and were all like what breed is she? lol
Bet you tryed to convince them that "she's a Dulux dog"
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Shani View Post
Bet you tryed to convince them that "she's a Dulux dog"
Oh BC I meant Border collie not Bearded collie LOL I could have tried that
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Aww Bless him Hope you managed to get the paint off him.....Thanks for sharing x
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 02:03 AM
A dog wanting highlights obviously and you undid all his hard work
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Aww bless him! Our phillip had a lovely orange leg when my OH painted the fence in the garden
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 07:57 AM
I had a black and white GSD last time we did the gloss. I think hairy paintwork gives a house character.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I had a black and white GSD last time we did the gloss. I think hairy paintwork gives a house character.
Me too. Although only brush bristles are th only hairs on the paintwork. I've decided not to take much off him, he's still growing out his puppy coat so it'll come out with that.

He already has highlights, the fur on his tail underneath the brown is white - it must be the springer lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >