View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2006, 04:44 PM

living the dream.... (some dream, I'd rather be an insomniac!)

Well, set off at 2pm, just got back at 5.20pm, and the weather in Saddleworth is pretty bleak, off and on snow...thing is, when the snow was off, the hailstones came on..LOL.

So, what bunch of genius' decide it would be great for a two hour hack??? That right, not a single cell between us, and I'm the only blonde...
We looked so funny, two welsh A's (11hh and 12hh, both 6) a HW shire X welsh (14.3 1/2hh, rising and a German trotter X welsh Cob (15.3hh, medium build, 17, the old bird)

Sophia is the smallest, and the only one not 100% bombproof, so, as luck would have it..she's got a novice riding her, but I'm leading on my big fella, and if Sophie was to nap, she'd come to him. Guess what? The little girl was the only one to not nap/spook/prat about out of all 4, and she was on the bit at all times (just her and Harvey were) and her paces looked amazing...Such a proud mummy. so, when we were half way round our planned route, the hailstones had a good idea, lets be really big, 1 cm? or 2cm? both, sideways..LOL, no wind breaks as it's open fields on the top of the moors, so what happened? Everyone got behind Harvey's bum, then Harvey decided he was going to go with his eyes closed Clever ****** expected me to ride lead file, look out for traffic/hazards etc and see for him..Sophie had her head between his back legs..bless.
Then Harvey slowed down, to let Ben (12hh) take lead, as he'd had enough of playing horsey wind and stones break, but soon realised that Ben offers no protection, as he's tiny, and he's so much slower, and Harvey is a speed demon. so, a driving Trot all the way home, only Sophie ad Harvey not breathing heavy ( my ultra fit ponies...) and then being greatful I have a fire at home..LOL

What a great, idealistic world we live in... SUNDAY AFTERNOON..perfect for a quiet cross country hack??? Yeah, if you don't mind being sand blasted by hard balls of ice..
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2006, 04:59 PM
Yes its not a nice day up here at the moment is it I used to go riding in my younger days and me and my sister had 3 horses between us It was snowing here about 45 mins ago Hope you enjoyed your ride despite the freezing cold weather
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2006, 05:05 PM
you know Foxy, it was one of the best rides I've had in ages, we just laughed all the time, as it was such a farce..LOL. Grains bar to Roebuck, to Strinesdale and all the way round through the little bridalpaths....to top o'the meadows to Highmoor back up to Grains bar... Great ride. Riding tomorrow even if it snows again, cause I have not laughed so much in a long time... and everyone enjoyed my mounted "sexy dancing". It's like living in the arctic..hehe
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Honesty
you know Foxy, it was one of the best rides I've had in ages, we just laughed all the time, as it was such a farce..LOL. Grains bar to Roebuck, to Strinesdale and all the way round through the little bridalpaths....to top o'the meadows to Highmoor back up to Grains bar... Great ride. Riding tomorrow even if it snows again, cause I have not laughed so much in a long time... and everyone enjoyed my mounted "sexy dancing". It's like living in the arctic..hehe
Oh we passed the Roebuck today - its a wonder we didn't see you Glad you enjoyed yourselves anyway
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Oh we passed the Roebuck today - its a wonder we didn't see you Glad you enjoyed yourselves anyway
like ships in the night foxy...like ships in the night....
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Blimey-you lot got the bum end of the deal with the weather didnt ya! Been quite nice here today and only recently started raining.

But despite the appaling weather,i bet you all still enjoyed yourselves.Crap weather dont deter me from going out!
Honesty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-04-2006, 05:29 PM
we go out in snow, rain, sun etc, always a great ride, even when something goes tits up, which is quite often..LOL

At the end of the day, we live in the wettest place ever, and when it's not sat on you as a heavy cloud full of water... it's snowing..LOL Have to get used I suppose, and grow gills...