Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Morning all

Its really dull here at the moment, but i'm putting the washing out anyway as I haven't washed for days now and my basket is full!

Want to track down some JML door screen that my daughter saw in asda £9.99, but they've sold out now. I'm thinking Wilkinsons next. I like to have the patio doors open when its nice but can't stand it when the flies come in..so I'm on a mission now. I couldn't get anything like this when Gels was here as she would have freeked out and never gone out again (the wuss that was my dobie dog bless her).

So, have a good day everybody.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Lynn,
Thankyou. Never know if its ok just to hop on,but you guys seem to have a blast on here.Psychiatric evaluation needed in some cases I suspect,but then again in that respect I'll probably fit right in!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Morning all. I've read all the posts but have forgotten whose done what.
Good turnout for your walk Bev. Well done everyone who made the effort.
Don't forget the rubber gloves Norma. You don't want dishwashing hands
My leg is much more bearable today. I think I drugged it into submission yesterday. Had a good nights sleep as well. It feels like a dull pain today instead of a red hot poker down my leg. I'm the type who keeps. well away from the docs unless something is broken. I just think it'll get better eventually - which it usually does.
It's dull & windy here as well today. Loads of twigs & small branches scattered round the park after the wind last night.
Have a good day & hope anybody else who was suffering over the weekend are feeling better today.
Morning Lynne glad the pain seems to of eased today.
I hope it continues to get better for you.

Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Good morning everyone. Bit later than usual but then I decided to hang the washing out first. I hope it doesn't rain. because only some of it is under the gazebo and a lot more outside.

Bev, that was a tremendous turnout of the greyhounds yesterday, Well done to you all.

I read back last night's contributions on yesterdays thread and it sounded as though the moon had got to some of you but you certainly had a laugh!

Well have a good day everyone. I feel like going back to bed I am so tired. Better not Steve is coming home from his fishing around lunchtime. Said he caught some eels this morning. Yuk. Catch up with you later on.
Morning Moyra I shall keep fingers crossed the rain holds off for you so the washing dries
I hope Steve isn't bringing the eels home for you too cook.
Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
Morning all

Its really dull here at the moment, but i'm putting the washing out anyway as I haven't washed for days now and my basket is full!

Want to track down some JML door screen that my daughter saw in asda £9.99, but they've sold out now. I'm thinking Wilkinsons next. I like to have the patio doors open when its nice but can't stand it when the flies come in..so I'm on a mission now. I couldn't get anything like this when Gels was here as she would have freeked out and never gone out again (the wuss that was my dobie dog bless her).

So, have a good day everybody.
Morning Gill good luck with tracking down the fly screen. if they are the ones I am thinking of I have seen them in garden centres too.

Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Lynn,
Thankyou. Never know if its ok just to hop on,but you guys seem to have a blast on here.Psychiatric evaluation needed in some cases I suspect,but then again in that respect I'll probably fit right in!!
It most certainly is ok to just hop on and off if you have the time we are always pleased to see you. if you are busy and canot manage one day that's fine we look forward to seeing you when you do have time.
you have to be a bit mad to survive here.

Norma I get it now thanks. I hope it isn't too draining.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Ok where did the weekend go ? Saturday in a foreign county in the wind, showers in Lancashire & Sunday trying to recover & having to drive through the rain & floods to collect all the printing etc for our show in 3 weeks time-need a rest from the weekend I think LOL
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Quite overcast here today and there is a chance of rain.
Enjoyed my day off yesterday, but today have to catch up with all the stuff I ignored whilst I got stuck into the sort out I ended up doing. Lit the fire last night because I had found so much rubbish stuff that it had to be burnt, and I thought oh well its cooler than it has been so chucked some wood on as well.
Eileen we often have a laugh and a silly session when we get together after the 'watershed' and alcohol deffo wasn't involved on my part
Am hunting high and low for my hay fever tablets this morning, no idea what I've done with them I've still got some Benedryl that I bought the other week whilst I was waiting for the doctor's prescription to be ready, so I better have one of them, that's the worst of tidying up and having a clear out, you can never find anything after.
I think the river is going to be too high for us to go on today and the weather isn't looking as though its that good, its saying sunny intervals, although where the sun is at this precise moment I don't know.
Pat all that heat sounds lovely to me, if you cut it in half and sent half over here it would still be nice and warm over there and we'd be warm as well
Oh Malka you will need a brain transplant after all that as soon as you show a sign of life, its the same every month, you would think by now that a beam of light would have entered her head wouldn't you. No wonder you want to go back to bed, a late night having a larf with us lot, and then waking up to all that. You're probably back in bed as we speak
TM, glad you're legs not as painful this morning, I said once the weather passed over it would ease off, and you have numbed it out of existence as well, once the red hot poker feeling has gone it will gradually disappear over the next few days as we have high pressure from Azores due here - according the weather forecaster bloke anyway.
Norma have you got work as well along with all the normal drudge type of stuff, can you pop my sheets into the rotary ironer for me please whilst you're there.
Hope you manage with all you have to do this week Bev, I do hope your boss gets you some help, have you asked him to lift the burden that has been dropped on you. Wonder exactly how many greys were out walking yesterday, will be interesting to see when all the numbers are in.
Thanks so much for my birthday greeting this morning Lynn, I also got an email with everybody's name on, too many to remember but thanks to everyone who did put their name on because I need the lift in spirits.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Rose Magpyes will eat anything that's left out if Dillon leaves a bone in the garden they will come down and pick at it.

Morning Bev. Glad the walk went down well and looks like a good amount of money will of been made. Well done.
Oh dear the start of your busy week do take care.
Wee dog is trained to "see them off!" and does so ferociously and one of the cats killed one once.. hateful birds and I am deterring them from nesting here, successfully.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Morning

Happy birthday June.

Malka - thanks for the steam mop reminders.

We had a nice family party yesterday but I ate too much and for some reason, feel even hungrier than usual today. Not good for my grand plan to lose half a stone!

Back to normal today - whatever that is!

I hope everyone is happy and healthy. The weather is a bit dull but could be worse!
x
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
No, not shot but certainly not encouraged
Where I lived in Cornwall, the y forbade us to feed gulls as they did not want them crapping on their cars,, REALLY! I wrote this piece re seagulls having to wear luminous yellow disposable nappies AT ALL TIMES!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

I have just read through this thread [what there is of it so far] and cannot remember who has posted or what has been said. I am far too old to have stayed up until past 1am yesterday.

Then as soon as my neighbour saw that I had surfaced in she trotted with my mail plus the lecci bill and the numbers on my meter, which is a sub meter of hers - so just one bill and I have to work out how much of the total bill is mine. We changed things a few months ago so the bill is now in my name because I am entitled to a reduction due to being registered as 85% physically disabled and 100% medically disabled - and I could not get it as my meter is a sub meter and the bill was in her name. Well, she is my landlady! Anyhow, the bill is now in my name so I finally get the discount but have to work out how many units I have used, multiplied by the price per unit, minus the amount marked as disability discount on the bill. And then give her a cheque for what I have to pay and she then pays the bill.

As she is a wee bit t'ick I have to do it using the calculator on the computer so she can see exactly what the figures are - and believe me I was ready to go back to bed after that, as she repeats the numbers as I enter them and it usually takes a couple of attempts before she fully understands what part of the total bill is mine and what part is hers.

However, once she had gone, clutching the cheque [and my hole-in-he-wall card as she is going to the shopping centre so will draw some cash for me] I did remember to put up both the regular Monday Steam Mop reminder and the Bonus Day one [hope you all like my efforts to get more of the newbies to come and join us] and had a quick ketchup on freds.

I am now going to make my first coffee of the day and it is 11.30am already!

Back later when my brain has recovered and will read through properly - hope all is well with everyone and that the sun shines on you today.
We get free allowance power here. They used to count units but now we simply get E35 each time, I think 2 months.
I am saving mine for the winter of course as we can do that; it carries forward
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-06-2013, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Malka well I am confused well and truly now over all those numbers. I am no mathematician and certainly couldn't of dealt with that first thing in the morning and without even my first cuppa.
Early to bed for you young lady tonight and a nanny nap in between.
It is just basic arithmetic but my poor neighbour has not a clue how to do it. And I cannot go to bed early, can I, 'cos I have to stay up for Da Booga's 11pm meds and as that is only 9pm your time and this fred gets everso hinterestin' an' funny at that time, I do not wanna miss it.

So I say OK, another ten minutes and I will go to bed. Then another ten minutes. Sort of like my daughter always said "I just want to finish this page/chapter and then I will go to bed". Come to think of it, when I was that age and into knitting, it was "just another row and I will go to bed".

See?

Linda - I can never forget the reminders 'cos I have them on ReminderFox and it pops up the evening before to remind me, then again first thing in the morning! If I am not ready I hit Snooze for x minutes and it does not stop popping up until I have done them and then can hit Delete.
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »