View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Take Photos of matted dogs, keep the hair in a back that is sealed and you sign and date it and put the name of dog and owner on it and take photos of after as well.
Becky
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Take Photos of matted dogs, keep the hair in a back that is sealed and you sign and date it and put the name of dog and owner on it and take photos of after as well.
Becky
thats a good idea, so you have a record of everything
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Becky
When I groomed others dogs this is what I did. saved me a lot of hassle once.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Try using a search engine, I found a site where the groomers have made out a contract which the owner signs.

It lists skin conditions and problems that could be encountered when de-matting or clipping a badly knotted dog. It goes on to say that the groomer will not be held responsible for pre-existing conditions caused by the matting (neglect) of any dog and that any vets fee incurred for problems uncovered during the process will be the responsibility of the owners. The owner reads and signs that they understand this prior to the dog being groomed.

Photographic evidence would also be useful.

Not much help in this case but maybe would be useful in future.
jumping jack
New Member!
Female 

12-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi cutzformutz, a friend who grooms near burry port received your letter and intends contacting you. I understand you train people to groom and have been on your website. I am intersted in a course based in wales. I cannot down load any further info from your site but was wondering the following:
How long have you been teaching grooming, did you have a school in South africa,?

How many people do you teach at any one time?

What do the letters stand for after your name? I am only aware of city and guilds qualifications for grooming.

jumping jack
cutz4mutz
New Member!
Female 

13-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Hi All,
sorry for only getting back to you now!!!
I was hassled to pay the Vet's bill, have asked for a copy, she wont give it to me and i know Why!!!as according to the Vet she stuck the dogs annual booster on it(cheek hey) the libel did occur on [a social network], this was reported to both [a social network] and the police, and has now been taken off, i also wrote to all my customers and put notices on my salon windows, that i was taking legal steps, so it all seems to have gone quiet now, on the UP side I have had a fantastic response from my regular customers and they have helped by recommending me to their friends, so I have actually gained some good new customers and got rid of the trouble maker and her friends, the other local groomers did not bother to reply to my letter, they obviously dont mind passing on the dangerous dog or owner to another local groomer,so I cant count on their support, I think in future, i will turn dogs presenting in this sort of condition away as they are more trouble than they are worth.
I did take a photo of the same dog in question 7 months ago, what a state, I did not take a before and after photo this time(wont be caught out again, thats for sure)
Something this woman does not know I did keep both her dogs matted and stinking hair.
i will keep you all updated, thanks for all the support, I appreciate it
Mandy
cutz4mutz
New Member!
Female 

13-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Well I had a winger today, this woman came in with a Bichon and wanted a poodle lamb trim done, as she did not like the Bichon style!!!! I asked her was she sure this is what she wanted, the lamb trim is a poodle cut etc.....yes,yes thats what I want, this other groomer calls it that and its the same length all over, so i said ok, I then styled the dog in the lamb trim, it looked very nice actually!!!!! first Bichon i did like this mind, but very nice.
When she collected it, she said "oh,no he looks like a poodle, that not what i wanted", i wanted a lamb trim, so i explained that she had asked for a poodle lamb trim, and was she sure thats the style, so yes, you cant please people all the time.,
cutz4mutz
New Member!
Female 

13-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Hi
Thanks for your enquiry, let me if you have any problems downloading anything from the site, it is brand new! I can always pop something in the post to you or email you,
Yes i did have a school in S.A for 5 years, but had to give it up when I started a family and had to travel around S.A with husband, due to work commitments, the initials stand for Diploma in dog grooming, which is recognised as a NVQ equivalent to a level 4 in dog grooming, which enables me to teach and take on apprentices.I will be adding the City and Guilds later this year with my students having the opportunity also to add a city and guilds qualification at a extra cost if they so wish at present I will only be taking on 1 to 2 students at a time,but will expand this in the new year so at the moment you will benefit from 1 to 1 tuition.
cutz4mutz
New Member!
Female 

13-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Hi there,
we found these documents on groomergraphix, I get the owners to sign them before we take the dog in and have also made our own disclaimer, for when they collect the dog now,they must take a few minutes to look over the dog, check it out and sign, any cuts and scratches found after the fact is not my responsibility!!!!
i am keeping my camera handy now, always trusted people not anymore!!!
cutz4mutz
New Member!
Female 

13-10-2009, 07:29 PM
hi
I have kept both dogs matted, stinking hair in seperate bags, marked the date etc.....i am sure the rspca will be happy to take a look at it!!!!!first thing they will be looking at is owner neglect.
thanks for that
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >