View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jossrocker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2008, 04:21 PM
.............oooh yes, a candle, my handbag and in it, my brand new leather gloves......................
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 04:22 PM
When Gelly was about 9 months, I went to asda and left her (as usual) with the run of downstairs. Up to that day, she had been sooo good...nothing chewed or destroyed in any way.
I came back abut an hour later and my first thought was that she'd eaten the hall carpet. I just didnt see it.
What she had done was find a loose thread on the carpet right at the far end. She pulled and pulled at it and of course all the carpet started unravelling!! She stripped away about 2 inches right across the width, then, she dragged the whole lot of it back towards the kitchen and folded it over. What I was seeing was the underside of the carpet and underlay!!
Anyway, after the heart attack, I folded it all back into place and phoned the insurance, who kindly paid for me to have a new hall, stairs and landing carpet fitted.
That is the only time she has done any damage, ever, and she is nearly nine now. I just dont know what came over her that day.
We love her to bits
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Mine are pretty good really. Bryan hasn't destroyed anything, but A does sometimes if things are left on the floor (they're fair game then I suppose!).

She's eaten 3 or 4 squeaky toys (I actually saw a squaeker come out of her bum when she was doing a poo!),
a small wooden incense holder,
ripped up a load of origami boxes that I had made and left on a low table,
half eaten a temari ball that I had made,
chewed 2 rolls of sellotape,
and ripped up a couple of loo rolls and spread them up and down the stairs (that's when we forget to close the bathroom door when we go out).
This has been in the 7 months we've had her. We were told that she chews shoes when she's left on her own but she's never done that while we've had her(touch wood).
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 04:34 PM
when we first got willow ,i thought the first time i had to leave them ,i would put willow in the kitchen ,big mistake , i came home to the floor tiles ripped and she tore bit off the door . they were very happy haveing a little snooze in the liveing room together .
dylan has got through ,his fare shre of remote controls , he did run throught the housse ,with my mobile ringing then chew it up . he is big boy know though ,we still hide the remotes though
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Gellygoo View Post
Anyway, after the heart attack, I folded it all back into place and phoned the insurance, who kindly paid for me to have a new hall, stairs and landing carpet fitted.
Insurance covers this? Marvelous! In that case, when he's just about grown up and out of this stage I will train him to do this to ours so we can have a shiny new carpet. At the moment (being a sort of natural colour) it looks like someone has been fixing cars in my living room!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 04:51 PM
ooopppps lol... great thread, the rotties aint bad.... but give them a multi pack of loo roll and they will happily decorate the whole house with it......
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
ooopppps lol... great thread, the rotties aint bad.... but give them a multi pack of loo roll and they will happily decorate the whole house with it......
Forgot about the copious of times they have got the loo roll!!! I blame the andrex puppy for that one! He told them to do it apparently
freddie-frecks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Here is my mums dog Holly, looking very guilty indeed but in fairness she didn't actually do it her naughty younger sister who is 1 year old did this along with:
4 sky + remotes
freezer cable, sterio cable,
bottom of the freezer,
all chair legs,
shoes, shoes, shoes, slippers, sandles, trainers etc,
bras,
wallpaper,
photoframe and several pens and pencils (since learning how to open doors!)
And the list goes on

As for her not so naughty cousin my Freddie his list is a bit shorter and consists of:
shoes shoes slippers flip flops
bras knickers socks
a full 4 pack of toilet roll
a packet of sponges
the handles off my handbag and the contents
two bingo pens which destroyed my rug
my purse and my OH's wallet
Actually i didn't realise he was that naughty!
Heres a pic after the bingo pen incident
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-12-2008, 05:00 PM
I've not got much in the way of photographic evidence from Fingal's various destructive highlights but I will have a look.

In the mean time - here's one I posted with permission a while back. The roast smelled just too tempting.

rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2008, 05:06 PM
OMG Phil - have heard of this with a friends dog - thankfully for some reason mine are scared of the oven not sure why - the food isn't all that bad here
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »