Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
An Afghan isnt the type of dog to rehome with somebody that might not be "into" dogs! If you have personal experience of them you will know what I mean. They are not obedient, (generally) they steal (experts) and are a high maintenance dog, they are not for people who do not know what they are doing or who have not done their homework, as I said, for the dogs sake I hope it works out.
Dawn.
How do you know that Theo Paphitis will not be a good owner ? He is a very nice person & has been looking for a dog(actually a puppy at the begining)for a good while, he has cleary bonded with Claudia. Just because he is a millionaire doesn't mean he won't be "hands on"

Surprised you were watching the program as isn't it expoiting the dogs for entertainment ?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Im sorry Dyane, could you point out where I mentioned money had anything to do with it?

Did you NOT think the show could possibly benefit rescue dogs? I did thats why I watched it!! Deary me.
Dawn.
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 12:19 PM
I missed it...

Can anyone tell me when it's repeated?
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2007, 12:23 PM
i must admit i thought the money would go to dogs trust or other animal charities. although i dont begrudge it going to children in need. maybe there should be another charity programme for animals called 'animals in need'?
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 12:50 PM
I really enjoyed the show last night, I think that it is a good way to highlight that (as previously said) not all rescue dogs are untrainable nightmares as some people seem to believe.

Was very impressed with Julia & Cookie, for someone who was so honest about not knowing anything about dogs & being worried around them, she had formed a clear bond with Cookie (I loved how she instantly sat when told )

Mishal & Robson were very good, boy does he have a lot of potential!!

Hopefully this programme will continue to raise the profile of rescue dogs.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Yes I think thats more of what the show was meant to do, highlight that rescue dogs are there and are needing homes, I hope that works.
Dawn.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Yes I think thats more of what the show was meant to do, highlight that rescue dogs are there and are needing homes, I hope that works.
Dawn.
I thought it was a bit strange that 12p of the phone call goes to Children in Need(although its a great charity) and Not the Rescue Centre.

But apart from that I thought the Programme was great
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-03-2007, 03:08 PM
I enjoyed watching the programme and I hope it raises the profile of rescues/ rescue dogs in general.

There is no way I could vote for any of the dogs, I feel so sad to think that any of them had ended up in a rescue in the first place, to vote any one of them off would seem like further rejecting them to me

I know I am missing the point somewhat and probably taking it too seriously, and we are supposed to be voting on the handlers/dogs abilities, but given the sad circumstances of each dog I don't think you can quantify ability.

I think all the dogs included are just lovely and they are all winners.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 03:11 PM
I enjoyed it...I think it is great that they are showing what recue dogs can do and highlighting how many need rehoming...
Loved Selina Scott and Chump!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2007, 03:57 PM
I thought Bruno was fab!
Becky
Page 8 of 20 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »