Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Clive and Albert, shame really as I think Huey should go because he puts no effort into training poor Casper
Becky
What that showed me was what I suspected, based upon the judges comments. The entire show is geared towards those who feel that dogs are fluffy little carry-arounds that are incapable of hearing loud noises, raised voices, or having their collar tugged. I really wasn't certain until that vote came through. What an absolute mockery of a programme. It isn't about the training, in the absolute least, it's about cuteness. Which is fine, if they don't then try to pretend it's about training and improvement. Clearly it isn't!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-04-2007, 08:50 AM
I agree the kids one is harder to watch than the adults one. I think the judges are great, they do have some valid points but can also be a bit picky!
Becky

Have to say I think so too Becky on both points.

Clive and Albert, shame really as I think Huey should go because he puts no effort into training poor Casper
Becky
I agree with you

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Thanks for that & i agree. Did they say whether Clive is keeping Albert?

Albert has been living with Clive for a few weeks and will continue to do so.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by GSDLover View Post
What that showed me was what I suspected, based upon the judges comments. The entire show is geared towards those who feel that dogs are fluffy little carry-arounds that are incapable of hearing loud noises, raised voices, or having their collar tugged. I really wasn't certain until that vote came through. What an absolute mockery of a programme. It isn't about the training, in the absolute least, it's about cuteness. Which is fine, if they don't then try to pretend it's about training and improvement. Clearly it isn't!
Sorry I can't agree that the show is geared towards those who feel dogs are fluffy little carry-arounds. You do not know the history of little Casper don't know what has perhaps happened to him in the past to make him scared, yes I agree he is cute, but to me he is also one frightened little dog and Heuy is not helping him any with being so inconsistent. I would say Casper got the sympathy vote but not for his cuteness, but because perhaps he is a frightened little dog.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Sorry I can't agree that the show is geared towards those who feel dogs are fluffy little carry-arounds. You do not know the history of little Casper don't know what has perhaps happened to him in the past to make him scared, yes I agree he is cute, but to me he is also one frightened little dog and Heuy is not helping him any with being so inconsistent. I would say Casper got the sympathy vote but not for his cuteness, but because perhaps he is a frightened little dog.
I agree. Yes, some of the public may well be voting because of the 'cuteness' factor - but this doesn't mean that the show is geared at those who feel the dogs are fluffy little carry-arounds.
There is of course an entertainment element, otherwise they wouldn't get anyone other than serious dog people watching & couldn't justify an evening slot. Personally I think they have got the right balance between entertainment, highlighting the plight of homeless dogs & showing that they are trainable.

If it was all about the cuteness factor, they would have had it as a doggy fashion show or something.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-04-2007, 09:30 AM
I would say Casper got the sympathy vote but not for his cuteness, but because perhaps he is a frightened little dog.
In which case, they could just as well have brought all the dogs forward on show one, give the stories, and ask the which one has the toughest story, and the worst luck. That would have been it.

However, they didn't and they don't. They put it forward as a show about training and improvement, and, much to my annoyance, they seem to milk every last drop out of the phone-in opportunities. (Which would be slightly more tolerable if it was going to a dog charity of some kind, so that we hear fewer of these stories in the first place.) This week's programme showed, clearly and precisely, that the training really doesn't matter one jot, so why bother wasting the money, time, and effort of all concerned?

The entire programme seems to be fundamentally flawed, pulling bits from various others, with little or no thought to the actual outcome that such a poorly thought-out and irritating hybrid would bring to the table.

The presentation seems awkward at best, with Julian Clary dishing out double-entendres that weren't even funny when he attempted them in a Carry-On movie, the "doggy dancing" (which seems surprisingly similar each week) makes me come out in rashes of discontent, and as I've said before, the judges (particularly the one on the left; her name escapes me) drive me to insanity and beyond, with her overly "luvvy" everything is too harsh attitude.

That's it, I need to go put an ice-pack on my swollen grump-gland now.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Well GSD Lover you have the option of switching the programme off since in your words the programme seems to be fundmentally flawed.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Well GSD Lover you have the option of switching the programme off since in your words the programme seems to be fundmentally flawed.
Tell my partner that if you dare! I daren't!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Oy dear it's like that is it I wouldn't dare interfere lol
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-04-2007, 09:51 AM
Oh dear it's like that is it I wouldn't dare interfere lol
spot
Dogsey Veteran

12-04-2007, 11:02 AM
In which case, they could just as well have brought all the dogs forward on show one, give the stories, and ask the which one has the toughest story, and the worst luck. That would have been it.

However, they didn't and they don't. They put it forward as a show about training and improvement, and, much to my annoyance, they seem to milk every last drop out of the phone-in opportunities. (Which would be slightly more tolerable if it was going to a dog charity of some kind, so that we hear fewer of these stories in the first place.) This week's programme showed, clearly and precisely, that the training really doesn't matter one jot, so why bother wasting the money, time, and effort of all concerned?

The entire programme seems to be fundamentally flawed, pulling bits from various others, with little or no thought to the actual outcome that such a poorly thought-out and irritating hybrid would bring to the table.

The presentation seems awkward at best, with Julian Clary dishing out double-entendres that weren't even funny when he attempted them in a Carry-On movie, the "doggy dancing" (which seems surprisingly similar each week) makes me come out in rashes of discontent, and as I've said before, the judges (particularly the one on the left; her name escapes me) drive me to insanity and beyond, with her overly "luvvy" everything is too harsh attitude.

What a shame you don’t actually see the programme for what it is – not the ultimate training guide but a show geared towards showing rescue dogs who are desperate for a home and that they can with some training and fun be just as easy as none rescue dogs. If you want to see dogs shouted at and being tugged round by the collar it certainly isnt the programme for you.

I cant see how if its geared to people who only want fluffy carry round dogs if that was the case then surely the rather adorable but hardly carryable Chump would of gone sometime ago.

Im amazed that anyone would think bringing rescue dogs plight to the public is a waste of time, money and effort. If this programme makes a few people consider a rescue dog who wouldn’t of previously well I cant think any amount of money or time has been wasted.

By making this programme into a fun and entertaining watch they will be getting more and more people watching it, do you really think that a short programme outlining each hounds story however harrowing would generate the interest that this has?

You may not have the option to turn over but surely your allowed to exit the room?
Page 15 of 20 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »