View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-12-2015, 07:18 PM

What is "Santa PAWS" bringing this year?

Sshh, make sure no ears are flapping .

What are you planning on getting your dog this year for Christmas?

Do you usually get a toy or something large and edible? Got any great ideas you can pass on that have been a great hit in the past?

Or, what disasters have occurred, has your dog ever knocked over the tree?

Been so lucky with Poppy, she's never been bothered by the tree or attempted to eat any baubles.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2015, 07:37 PM
Bit of a problem actually,no idea what to get the Princess this yearThere are only so many beds one needsWill have to take a walk around P@H or such like to get a few ideas
Lacey doesn't bother with the tree.Did eat the tinsel one year when she was a puppy ,little trip to the vets sorted thatHaven't done tinsel in years
If I come across anything interesting I'll be sure and let you know
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-12-2015, 07:53 PM
I don't have a tree to demolish I gave up on decorations years ago .

I think if Chloe is lucky she may get a new fluffy cow .

Unlike all her other squeaky toys which she bites to squeak, the fluffy cow moos once pressed and carries on mooing much to the astonishment of Chloe who tosses it in the air then retreats until the mooing stops.

I should have said 'used to moo' as the poor little cow has become silent hence the wish that Santa Paws will kindly bring another one..
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-12-2015, 08:19 PM
For the last two years I have been buying our neighbours dog some treats for when we go over

Always had to get Rocky a new bone for Christmas as well - it's only fair
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2015, 08:22 PM
Pepsi usually has a cuddly toy bought from the charity shop and a bag of gravy bones the only treat she can eat that doesnt upset her tummy.
My 2 Granddogs also get gravy bones or some other type of treat
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2015, 11:16 PM
Nigredo is sadly currently 96 lbs (44 kg) and so he really does not need any food or treats. He doesn't really enjoy toys very much so I'd guess a bone or something flavored but not truly edible or unhealthy is best. Jadey Bunny will be happy with treats. She doesn't enjoy toys either. Nigredo doesn't bother the tree and Jade is scared of it. HAVE had a kitty attempt to climb a tree but tumbling down along with the tree made sure she never tried this again.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2015, 04:08 AM
Tux treat toy, boomer call & they are due for knuckle bones this month.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2015, 05:18 PM
Our first Christmas without Cookie. Going to be a hard one.
The first Christmas we had him we put the presents under the tree and he opened pretty much all of them before we heard him and had to re-wrap them all. Some dented boxes but nothing was really damaged.
So every year since we have waited until Christmas eve, he would get his last toilet trip and then be sent to bed so we could set out the presents. In the morning he was like a child, as soon as he would get in the living room and see all the presents he would be on them. Ripping them open one after the other. Not too fussed about the contents, just enjoying opening them. Because of his love of opening presents it was quite typical for OH and I to spend £20 on each other, and well over £100 on things for him. Same for birthdays really. He would also have a turkey leg or similar for a special Christmas dinner.

This year we're toning down Christmas, as you can imagine it's pretty painful. But I'm trying to do my best, as it maybe the last one for some of the other pets in the house. I don't want to feel guilty that we didn't spoil them on their last Christmas. So while we don't have a tree up yet (might not bother) I am planning on making the ferrets their own santa hat bed, and a large stocking to sleep in. They already have a santa sack which they use as a bed/toy. I've also got some trotters for them to attempt to eat as a special treat, but in true Christmas fashion they will probably have turkey too, while I eat my nut roast! haha

I'll make some low fat treats for my parents dog, along with a new toy and buy my sister dog yet another Kong for them to lose. Not a cynic at all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2015, 06:24 PM
So far, two squeaky balls. Not really done any shopping apart from internet and sending hubby out with a list as my foot has been so bad. It is on the mend now so some last minute shopping seems on the cards to add to the two squeakies