View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dogsdays15
New Member!
Female 

23-11-2015, 10:45 AM
As friends it has been upsetting to see someone we care about having to go through all this. For someone who has spent their whole life dedicated to dogs and their welfare Dogs Trust was a place they had always wanted to work. For the people who work for this charity to put our friend through what they did is horrific.

We would like to show our support in the only way we know how. Our friend feels they have let down their colleagues by not being strong enough to go through a tribunal. We don't feel they should be put through anything else after the trauma they have already had to endure. They were told the case could always go to court which wouldn't be a nice experience for anyone. Also they would probably have to face the people who had done this to them.

Maybe there are people out there who would not think twice about the possibility of having to go to court but we are all very different.

Our friend and their colleagues were incredibly lucky none of them were fatally injured that night. I can't personally imagine what it must be liked to be attacked by any dog let alone one like that.

Please put yourself in their shoes and think about what they have gone through and why they did what they felt they had to for others.

You are free to comment but also free to contact Dogs Trust.
dogsdays15
New Member!
Female 

23-11-2015, 11:26 AM
We have also tried not to mention any names to protect our friend and those involved. We don't want this to be about naming and shaming.

Hopefully people will understand how important a charity like Dogs Trust is and their support is vital for the sake of the dogs. Those who have worked for Dogs Trust should be able to recommend it as a good charity to work for as it's reputation is important for it to continue.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2015, 12:44 PM
Now that it is 'out there', your friend would be well advised to go to tribunal for the simple reason that you are encouraging people to contact Dogs Trust. As soon as someone does contact them, they will know who has 'spread the word' and without substantial back-up, ie tribunal or similar, your friend could well find themselves with the threat of a slander case on their hands.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2015, 03:37 PM
If this hasn't actually happened to the poster and they weren't at the incident site at the time, then to all intents and purposes this is purely hearsay. It has no legitimacy or validity. If proven at a Tribunal or Court of Law then the exact opposite would be the case.
I hold Dogs Trust in some regard and would not take up a metaphorical cudgel with which to beat them acting only on hearsay.
Damaging Dog's Trust could have some influence on the very good work they do and I would not indulge in Charity bashing without real and substantial proof.
I am given to wondering if the person to whom all this is said to have happened was entirely the right type of person to hold this position.
Just being a "dog lover" is sometimes not enough.
dogsdays15
New Member!
Female 

23-11-2015, 10:08 PM
If you have chosen not to believe this story that is your choice.
You have the option and so does anyone else to contact Dogs Trust, if you choose not to then that is up to you. They have been given the right to reply.

There is written evidence to substantiate everything said in the article.

Our friend had vast experience working with dogs. The article says accidents were frequently happening. Even for the most experienced dog trainer accidents can happen, what is important is to minimise the risk where possible. If that is not done then it can be very dangerous.

For us there isn't much more we can say but feel free to comment how you like.
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2015, 07:52 AM
I always thought Dog's Trust was one of the better charities... But I suppose they may just have good publicity and a way of shutting things down.

Three things come to mind, firstly working with any animal is always a risk, working with possibly abused, neglected and abandoned dogs is a much greater risk. I would have thought kennel staff would have the sense to go around in at least pairs regardless of the dogs they are working with.

And also if this is true (not saying it isn't) then hopefully ex-employees will feel more able to come out of the woodwork and share their experiences and why they left.

I also feel for the dog involved, and those in nearby kennels. Of course it was horrible for the individual involved but in all seriousness if that dog had wanted to kill the person I'm not sure avoiding eye contact would have stopped it... That doesn't make sense to me. Yes a nervous fearful dog which bites out of fear would bite and back away if the 'attacker' (in it's mind) was no longer threatening. But a dog that size, aiming to kill. The person wouldn't be able to tell their story never mind return to work... Article doesn't say how long they needed off work, just 3 days of support at work.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3