View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pamela81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-09-2013, 07:20 PM
great program, really interesting. the puppies were adorable!! got it series record, looking forward to next weeks!!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

Did you see that the lady they interviewed seemed a bit anxious? That made me chuckle a bit - she probably had pedigree dogs exposed at the back of her mind
I did, I commented on it too, she looked a tad stiff and stagey.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Good show but a bit embarrassing to find out your cockerpoo is really a springer cross .
It's what we have heard on here so many times, these tests are hardly worth the paper they are written on. I did think that dog was quite small to be a Springer X

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Good programme, I enjoyed it. Didn't like one of the female presenters though, not Kate Humble, the other one. Also didn't like that they pretty much promoted greyhound racing.

The guy doing the DNA tests on the dogs was the same one who who was on STV with Roxy and I 3 years ago after Roxy had one done for a television programme.

Roxy's results came out as a Parson Russell x Australian Shepherd x German Shepherd. The GSD bit was "a minor amount detected at low confidence though".

Yes, I took her results with a pinch of salt!
She was the presenter on that Victorian programme she irritated me then.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Really enjoyed that WOW,with the dread lock dogs
Hi Eileen,Met one at Discover Dogs one year,it was a rescue,as the original owner got the wrong end of the stick,and used Olive Oil liberally,it all congealed,evidently messed up the house and it took 18 months to get the dogs coat sorted,they were also saying forget getting a groomer,most groomers dont know how to deal with the mass.
The people who adopted the Kommedor (excuse spelling) used to have a similar breed called it began with P,had a similar coat,so they were already experienced.Gemini54
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 04:35 PM
I enjoyed it, looking forward to the next one. Really fell for the little Chihuahua.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 04:44 PM
All the Komondors I've ever met have stunk to high heavens.

Yes, I liked the wee Chihuahua too!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Such a pity that I cannot even watch it on iPlay as that is for UK only.

I found a brilliant picture of a Komondor - bit difficult to see what was where though!

Caramel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2013, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

See what happens when breeding goes wild! I have a picture of the "original Komondor"

Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi Eileen,Met one at Discover Dogs one year,it was a rescue,as the original owner got the wrong end of the stick,and used Olive Oil liberally,it all congealed,evidently messed up the house and it took 18 months to get the dogs coat sorted,they were also saying forget getting a groomer,most groomers dont know how to deal with the mass.
The people who adopted the Kommedor (excuse spelling) used to have a similar breed called it began with P,had a similar coat,so they were already experienced.Gemini54
Gemini,I think the similar breed is a Puli So sad about that dog and the olive oil Clearly not a breed you want to get involved in unless you really do your research and are up for the hairdressing commitments
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2013, 06:27 PM
Hi The thing that irked me,was that someone who loves a breed has really tried to put things right,they showed the skull and it looked like something made up for a sci-fi film,The kennel club after the debacle about the breed.said they would do all they can to get a new breed standard,yet this guy has bred a Bulldog who is longer in the leg,still has the squashed face,but now it has a proper jaw and able to breathe,the KC hve refused it as the new breed standard.I have nothing against the old tyme bulldog,only that it has many health problems,its just not fair to the dog.Gemini54
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >