Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Am I off "ignore?" (kidding )

Well Im pleased I met your expectations, sadly in the past you have not! But lets not dwell on that!

I stand by everything I said. If I had an elderly, frail dog that in this instance was showing signs of age and slowing down, it would not under any circumstances be left with younger active dogs that were likely to get wound up while I was out, no, absolutely not! At the very least Id be concerned it could be knocked about if they started playing at least.

Nor would I keep dogs crated in the house, no, absolutely not!

If I did ever have a dog that killed another one of my dogs, yes it would be PTS, I wouldnt tolerate it no.
It is a decision I am beginning to regret.

I am sure you do stand by everything you said. You see it could happen and so put barriers in place to prevent it, if however, through your mistake, it did happen, you would still be happy to condemn the dog.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
It is a decision I am beginning to regret.

I am sure you do stand by everything you said. You see it could happen and so put barriers in place to prevent it, if however, through your mistake, it did happen, you would still be happy to condemn the dog.
Im really not sure how to put this any plainer. If one of my dogs killed another of my dogs, yes I would have it PTS.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Im really not sure how to put this any plainer. If one of my dogs killed another of my dogs, yes I would have it PTS.
Thats fine - I get that. You are willing to have a dog pts because of a mistake you made.
Very clear, and again well in line with expectations.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 01:45 PM
even if you wasnt witness to which one?...just go for the bloodiest?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
Thats fine - I get that. You are willing to have a dog pts because of a mistake you made.
Very clear, and again well in line with expectations.
Super! Thing is my dear, I wont leave an elderly dog of mine in a situation where it might, if you or anyone else chooses to do that thats up to them. How we manage our dogs is up to the individual, however, we must also be willing to accept the consequences when things go wrong. (thats not directed at anyone either!)
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
even if you wasnt witness to which one?...just go for the bloodiest?
I think, like Zoe, Id have a pretty good idea who did it, especially if it had killed before.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 01:53 PM
I think, like Zoe, Id have a pretty good idea who did it, especially if it had killed before.
.....pretty good idea...but not a definite... life is easily expendable in your eyes isnt it?

because it killed a cat or other small furry it must of been that dog get real!

my old boss told me how his dad persecuted a particular cat for pooping in the bath...wasnt nice to it,he never caught the cat in the act,the cat passed away....but the pooping continued.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
.....pretty good idea...but not a definite... life is easily expendable in your eyes isnt it?

because it killed a cat or other small furry it must of been that dog get real!

my old boss told me how his dad persecuted a particular cat for pooping in the bath...wasnt nice to it,he never caught the cat in the act,the cat passed away....but the pooping continued.
Must be if you think so. Did you not know that this dog HAD killed a Cat before? Its a shame that you think that of me, but really it doesnt concern me, life is expendable to me when it seriously puts the lives of others in jeopardy. I wouldnt have it Layla, no.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Must be if you think so. Did you not know that this dog HAD killed a Cat before? Its a shame that you think that of me, but really it doesnt concern me, life is expendable to me when it seriously puts the lives of others in jeopardy. I wouldnt have it Layla, no.
just because a dog has killed another species does not automatically mean it will kill one of it own

..no Dawn its not what i think of you,its what im getting by your posts..life for a life even though you could not be 100% sure it was that dog
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2011, 02:06 PM
So what's your experience of being in this same situation Dawn?
Page 11 of 56 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »