Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kicksforkills
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2012, 07:21 AM

What to bring when showing a dog?

Hi, so I'm showing my dogs different days and will probably be at the indoor venue for a good couple of hours (6-.*

Food and drink for the dogs, (I think there might not be any for us either), is up to the owner, so I was just wondering what to bring. Will obviously bring the dog, treats and wipes for their feet as they will be walking to the venue and after having cleaned them within an inch of their lives on Friday I don't want muddy paws to ruin it. Will maybe bring their brush too.

Probably won't bring a crate.*

Thanks.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 07:28 AM
I would have thought a crate is a must. Where will the dog rest in safety and comfort? What type of show is it?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 08:45 AM
i would take a crate. youre going to want somewhere to put them so they can rest and chill out before and after their classes. also somewhere to leave them safely if you need to nip to the toilet or something.

you will need all your grooming kit, show leads etc.

treats for when in the ring.

some people take their meals for their dogs, but i dont bother because mine wont eat at shows.

poo bags.

ring clip.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I would have thought a crate is a must. Where will the dog rest in safety and comfort? What type of show is it?
It will be Earls court so they have the resting booths (what ever they call them )..
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
It will be Earls court so they have the resting booths (what ever they call them )..
id still use a crate though. we have benches at most champ shows, i wouldnt leave a crested on the bench, i take the cage and put the cage on the bench. its only really the bigger breeds that just use the benches.
Kicksforkills
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I'm showing at the Scruffts heat at the London Pet Show. But you have to be exhibiting or entering the heat to bring your dog's. It's pre-entry.

I've made a checklist today which contains;

CHECKLIST

PASSES AND DOG PASS

POO BAGS

BOWL AND WATER*

BRUSH AND WIPES

LEAD(S)

CHEESE FOR TREATS

SPARE CLOTHES

SAFETY PINS FOR PASSES/RING CARD

MONEY

PERFUME

CAMERA/PHONE

HAIRBRUSH

Although it is a pre-entry, we can either sit ringside before and after our heat or walk around the Discover Dogs zone. I'll probably do a bit of both.

Mine won't mind being stroked, although on the day I might be too concerned after grooming them.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Definitely add food for yourself, and a thermos of tea/coffee. Not been to Earl's Court for some years but most of these places charge an arm and a leg via the franchise outlets.

You might not have much time away from watching your dogs on the benches, unless you have a friend with you to stay with them when you nip to the loo. That's where a crate can be an advantage.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-05-2012, 06:33 PM
if you win and get some freebes a large bag to carry them home..lol
Kicksforkills
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Definitely add food for yourself, and a thermos of tea/coffee. Not been to Earl's Court for some years but most of these places charge an arm and a leg via the franchise outlets.

You might not have much time away from watching your dogs on the benches, unless you have a friend with you to stay with them when you nip to the loo. That's where a crate can be an advantage.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah it'll prob be diet coke lol and yeah I'll have someone with me both days : )
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Are you ready ....
i really should bath coco..lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >