View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 10:49 PM
Aw cheers everybody just back from the last visit and his owner was there.She's taking him back tomorrow as he wont eat at all and the only water he will take is from your hand.I haven't seen him for three wks as the owners have been on holiday so it was an even bigger shock when I went in for him today.Normally he's such a lively wee soul,never stops barking.He would only go out for a quick pee and wanted back in again the first time I went in today,then he wouldn't go back out after that.
His owner said the vets were talking about trying steroids but they reckoned he was too weak as he's lost 3 kilos since his last visit to the vet.I'm going to give her husband a lift to her vet with him tomorrow morning as he doesn't drive.I just cant handle the thought of him sitting in a taxi with a stranger with wee Chico being so unwell.
Heres hoping they can do something for him tomorrow as he's only 7 yrs old and it will be tragic if nothing can be done.I'll let you all know how he gets on tomorrow .Thanks again for all your concerns.
Lorraine xxxxxx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 10:59 PM
il keep my fingers crossed too,all is well tommorrow xxzb
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Well yesterday was an awful day as Chico's owner phoned me at lunchtime to tell me he had to be pts as there was nothing more could be done for him.She was so devoted to the wee soul, I reckon she couldn't sit and watch him suffer anymore. So it was tears all round yesterday I'll tell you and a very sad day for all.
I did have a gut feeling when I picked him up to take him in that it would be the last time I saw him.Talk about hard going,it was so hard as I had to keep my composure for his owners sake too.This is one of the more difficult situations you find yourself in doing this line of work.Just because he wasn't my dog,doesn't mean I don't feel it too as I've spent loads of time with the wee man.
I myself have total respect for his poor owner as she has been so kind to him over the years by rescuing him,taking good care of him and now being even more kind to him by doing the right thing by him and not being selfish through her own feelings.
So a nice card and flowers are the order of today.Hope I haven't went on too much,I just had to let you all know.Cheers for the support,It's been very much appreciated.
Lorraine xxxxxxxxxx.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 11:14 AM
poor we soul his owners and yourself must be devatated ,run free chico

xxdk
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Awe poor Chico at least he's out of pain now.
Thinking of you and his owners.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the support from you all,when his owners are feeling better I'll send all your regards on to them.xxxxxxxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 11:43 AM
So sorry to hear this news. As others have said, at least he is free from pain now.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Poor little Chico Sending big hugs to his family & to you Lorraine, he may not have been your dog but you were obviously very fond of him xx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Run free Chico

so sorry

xx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Cheers everybody,you have all been so supportive in all of this and it's very much appreciated.xxxxxxxxxxxx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2