Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2005, 08:07 AM
Hi Fosters, how the boy's limp???
fosters
Dogsey Junior

01-04-2005, 11:13 AM
looks better at the moment, but had a little limp last night but better now. so keeping a close eye on it.

liza
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Good news Fosters.
fosters
Dogsey Junior

02-04-2005, 07:27 PM
going to book him into the vets as it is coming and going. have been resting him but you can't stop him from jumping up at me and oh which doesn't help i'm sure. anyone got any ideas how to stop this jumping i would love to know them.

cheers liza
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2005, 09:51 PM
I have been trying for years to stop staffies jumping..tried everything, I have never been able to stop my lot jumping....It must be a staffie trait....
fosters
Dogsey Junior

02-04-2005, 09:58 PM
well it looks like it must be then. i don't mind the jumping its just other people who come round are a bit scared of him jumping. he bites your hands as he does it which doesn't help.

but i love him anyway he got lucky in his 3rd home...
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2005, 10:30 PM
I had a foster Boxer, Rufus, who had a limp in his rear right leg. Apparently, he came in the house with it around Xmas (couple years back) and the owners assumed he had 'pulled' something playing. The limping stopped. By the time I picked him up in June and got him his vet check, we found out he had torn his ACL and required surgery. If they had taken him in he could have been put on rest and medication and it would have healed on it's own. Not saying anything bad about them...they just assumed things like many of us do.

Anyway...the vet explained to me that many of the bully breeds (and heavier muscled breeds) tend to pull things as they stop and turn so quickly when playing. It's quite common to see pulled tendons and muscles.

If he's young and it isn't contributed to arthritis, it wouldn't hurt to get him either x-rayed or manipulated just as a precaution. Point being, dogs don't show pain like we do and even though the limping stops, there may still be damage that can be repaired.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2005, 11:52 PM
totally agree with Nicole - we recently got Bruno xrayed due to an intermittent limp and turns out he has hip dysplacia and start of athritis - he is 4 - and has had this all his life - like ur little guy he is a rescue so dont know much about previous history,,,,

However in saying that he still leaps about - plays tug, hangs off arms, slides about the floor, jumps about the car, jumps up at people, chased evry living animal, errm - have I missed anything. Joking aside - with bruno it started with an intermittent limp which was due to his kneecap getting pulled lsightly out of place so I woudl take him to vets for check up anway and enquire about xray to be on the safeside - the earlier you know about something the better in the long run....

dani
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2