Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Christine, great advice

That recipe sounds a lot like the soup my mum used to make me when I was sick - I loved it At the moment he's still not drinking as much as I'd like him to, but he is awake now and seems lively, trying to lick my face off and playing . I'll try the soup tonight anyway, what I did with his lunch was to add a little bit of water to his wet food and mixed it in with the kibble. I like the soup idea better

Thanks for reminding me about the yoghurt, I forgot about replacing bacteria.

Mini thanks, I still feel silly though LOL!! I don't even cry in films or anything but I've gone all soft now I've got Archie!

Edited to say -Mini I was posting at the same time as you!! I have some organic honey so I'll give that a go.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Something which I feel bad about... I'm ashamed to say I have put a piece of cardboard with some of his wee on it on my balcony.... I just can't carry him down 3 flights of stairs every 15min.

He got it instantly, I said the magic words and he weed right on the cardboard! I feel bad about this but the balcony is outside so hopefully he won't start weeing inside. I hope I haven't just ruined all the toilet training
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Oh Tuti will you stop feeling bad about things and enjoy your puppy..the balcony is fine Archie will think it is outside I am sure, as long as he can't fall off it !! OMG I have given you another thing to stress about now haven't I
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Oh Tuti will you stop feeling bad about things and enjoy your puppy..the balcony is fine Archie will think it is outside I am sure, as long as he can't fall off it !! OMG I have given you another thing to stress about now haven't I

Haha, thanks Mini but the balcony is very dog-proof as well as the whole house! My mum had the house re-done when we first moved in with our last dog

OK, I'm going to stop worrying now, it's just nerve-wracking when they first get ill!!

After this, there will only be posts about how cute he is and some nice photos, I promise

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

29-03-2005, 03:16 PM
Lol great minds & all that eh mini
Yes understand mid stream just thought first visit would test normally......???
Manuka honeys the best
Christine.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

29-03-2005, 03:24 PM
*That recipe sounds a lot like the soup my mum used to make me when I was sick - I loved it* I think mums are cloned it is the same as my mum used to make but I use garlic she used onion, hate the things
Don`t worry about training, you get back to that when hes better, whatever it takes
Sleeps great for him, a body tries to heal itself when it is asleep, internally it never sleeps so can do more when its not concentrating on things it has to do when its awake.
Christine
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Hope Archie is feeling better..Hugs from my lot....
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Just thought I'd let you all know Archie is doing a lot better. We gave the training class a miss yesterday, and he slept most of the morning and is peeing a lot less. He's not comfortable weeing on my balcony though and tries to eat the wee wee pad! so I'm just taking him downstairs anyway (will have thighs of STEEL after this )

Anyway, a little while ago he woke up on a nap and had his first mad 5 minutes since he got sick, he did about 10 laps of my room at top speed, stopping to bark at himself every time he passed the mirror!!

Thanks again to everyone for the great advice and moral support
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2005, 07:33 PM
he sounds much better bless
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3