Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Poor Archie
I wouldnt take him the training classes either if hes not well- and you dont want him picking anything else up when there

His constant piddling could be due to a water infection so its not really his fault if it is

poor archie- give him a great big (gentle) hug from me xxxxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2005, 09:32 AM
Hi Tuti what a shame poor little Archie I would defiantly not go to the training class he may be feeling ill and may pee everywhere or pick up more infection if his restance is already lowered by one infection , I would keep Archie nice and warm and quiet to give him chance to get better ..he might like a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel, not too hot and make sure he doesn't bite it but he won't if he is feeling poorly. If it was me I would still keep popping him out every now and then to pee and say the magic word and praise when he does, and ignore any accidents just quietly wipe them up without a word. It is good for him to keep drinking plenty too.Don't worry,it will only be minor set back ..they happen with puppies.(((hugs both)))
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 09:42 AM
aw poor archie! he does need to drink loads as we all do with a water infection washes it all through and as mini said keep taking him out but if he does have an accident dont say a word. i hope he is back to his bouncy self soon xxx
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Thank you all for the support... I was almost crying when I took him to the vets this morning, I felt ridiculous when I was talking to the receptionist!

thanks for the hot water bottle suggestion Mini, I'll do that for him. He is warm at the moment snuggled under a fleece blanket next to me on the sofa

Should I keep his food the same? He only ate about half of his breakfast this morning and is definitely not drinking as much water as he is weeing out...
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 01:00 PM
I would still offer him food, he is only young and needs nurishment to fight off his ilness. I agree with the otheres about taking him out to potty, last thing you want is to reverse your training by letting him in and doing it on pads, if he has an accident just clean it up with out saying anything.

Hope he's better soon.

MO
Carole
Supervisor

29-03-2005, 01:09 PM
poor Archie. I would give the training classes a miss tonight.
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 01:45 PM
poor archie sorry to hear he is not well Tuti, hope he is feeling better soon xx
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the support all of you

Archie has been sleeping most of the day, but he woke up for his lunch a little while ago and ate most of it

I made him a new sock-toy and he has forgotten he is ill! He does seem happier now, but I won't be going to the training class tonight... I've seen the first class anyway when I was checking out different training classes, so I least I know what I'll be missing
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

29-03-2005, 02:10 PM
Hi T/t, if he doesn`t drink as much as he`s peeing out he could become dehydrated. Try encourage more drinking by adding honey to his drinking water or making a chicken/turkey/fish broth/soup. Boil some chicken on the bone, thighs or breast or whole chicken, when cooked remove it & take all bones out. In the saved water you`ve cooked it in add couple cloves of garlic, couple chopped carrots, broccoli cauli etc, some rice, cook again & when cooled add boned ch/meat & feed it him, bet he`ll love it It has lot of tasty liquid which is what you want him to have right now to help flush any infection out. You can also add couple spoons plain live youghurt or actimel to help replace good bacteria a/bs are taking out.
Ask vet if he couldn`t test urine normally first before taking it by needle.
Like the others say, keep him quiet & warm & no classes for time being, hope he`s better soon
Christine.
Meg
Supervisor

29-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Hi Tuti sleeping is very good, gives Archies little body time to heal, yes keep feeding him but try with a small amount at a time cos he may not want to eat if he feels ill. Don't feel at all ashamed of crying in the vets I do it with other peoples animals as well as my own!!They keep tissues just for me!!!

Edited to say .....oops posted at the same time as Christine I too am a great fan of honey (organic if possible) and am sure Archie would take a little in water, it gives energy.

Edited to say I think the reason the vet will want a syringe sample is, it is like a 'mid stream' in humans less contamination by external germs so he can diagnose any specific infection and use a particular antibiotic rather than use wide spectrum antis.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >