Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 10:04 PM

What's wrong with Archie?

I got home about an hour ago, I was a bit late to feed Archie so I rang my sis and asked her to give him a little snak of a rusk with some milk. She told me he was being very hyper and weird, yipping and shaking and he had peed inside the house twice, once after he had just peed outside. When I got home I tried to give him his dinner but he didn't touch it, and did 2 big wees inside in the space of about 5 minutes, he was being very naughty and snapping and biting at me (he does this sometimes when he's overexcited in play - we're still working on it.)

Then I took him out to the garden, he did another wee, I brought him back inside and 5 minutes later he weed again, twice, inside!

I rang the emergency vets and they said to watch him for an hour and if this carried on I would have to take him to the clinic .

Just after I rang them he was playing a bit with my sister's bf, and then just fell asleep... I've had a feel of his bladder area (which I sometimes feel gently to check if he needs to go) and it feels bloated, more so that when he's dying for a pee.

Any idea what might be wrong? I'm really worried
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 10:11 PM
He could have perhaps picked something up in the garden today which has upset his tummy etc?
Kingsley has done this occasionally, and he's felt off for 24 hours or so. But back to his normal self soon enough

It could also be a bladder infection or something similar.

I would just keep a close eye on him tonight, and if you are still worried in the morning, head off to the vets
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 10:39 PM
i would jus keep a close eye on him, if u feel he is still off in the morning take him straight to the vets. puppies can go downhill quickly, tho im sure he will be fine
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

28-03-2005, 10:53 PM
poor Archie I hope hes alright - like what the others have said keep a close eye on him tonight and take him to the vets in the morning if he isn't better - he hasn't eaten anything he shouldn't have has he like a sock or a bit off one of his toys?
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 10:57 PM
No I don't think so Emm... we keep a pretty close eye on him.

The only thing is he eats so much cr@p when he's in the garden, he chews mud, leaves, bits of coal... obviously I can't fish inside his mouth for everything that he eats cos he'd start to hate me! He seems ok now, had a sleep after I posted and he had a bit of dinner when he woke up and has peed a couple of times but not as many as before.

I'm so tired as well from waking up in the middle of the night LOL... tiredness is probably what's making me panic about every little thing like this
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

28-03-2005, 11:02 PM
they grow up really fast and in no time at all you will have forgotten all about the lack of sleep - maybe he was just having a mad half hour - both my pups did this Barney was the worse and he would actually run up the walls and spin round
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 12:47 AM
Could be a mild urinary infection, or just the usual puppy hypo's.

Keep an eye on him and if you're not happy, chat to your vet
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

29-03-2005, 05:54 AM
Measure the amount of water you give him to drink, see if it he`s drinking a lot as well & if you take him the vets take a urine sample of his with you so they can check if its uti.
Hope he`s feeling better today, usually weeing a lot is a sign of infection
Christine.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2005, 06:08 AM
Hope Archie is feeling better today
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Hi, I took Archie to the vet's this morning as he wasn't much better, the vet reckons he has an infection so he's put him on antibiotics. If Archie doesn't get better on them he will have to stick a needle in Archie's bladder to get a sterile urine sample

He seems really poorly and downcast, another thing that could be getting him down is my mum went away the day before yesterday, maybe he misses her?

I'm not sure what to do about the weeing now, as he's used to going outside but at times he goes literally every 5 minutes, so it's impossible to get him outside every time. Shall I get some training pads or something?

The other thing is we had our first training class tonight, but the vet said not to go unless Archie is a lot better by then, as he won't learn anything anyway if he's stressed.

My poor Archie...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >