View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Thanks for all ur kind words about otis's foot. Today he has become a bit poorly and im not sure if its the shock from yesterday or if i should take him back to the vet. I got up this morning to feed him and he didnt eat a thing. he was very lathergic and just wanted to sit on my lap. I popped upstairs for ten minutes and when i came down there was an ocean of brown water waiting for me... nice!! poor things was then shaking like a leaf. I put him in his bed and put an extra blanket on him to keep him warm. He stopped shaking after about an hour but still hasnt eaten a thing and is only taking water from my fingers. I just bought a syringe to see if i can force him to take water. He has perked up a little from this morning but dont know if i should take him to the vets now or wait til tomorrow.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Hi, I'm not sure if your vets have an emergency line or anything but I would definitely give them a ring if he's lethargic and got diahorrea. I could be wrong but I don't think this would be connected to the foot?

Last night when Archie was sick I got really worried and I was alone with him so I didn't have my mum or my sis for moral support... I rang the emergency line and the nurse I spoke to put my mind at ease... Then I came and posted here and that helped even more!

Let us know how little otis gets on
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-03-2005, 01:24 PM
If he doesn't take any water I'd take him down the vets at once.
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Hope he'll be OK soon.
Don't forget to mention the tick infestation to the vet
Take care and come on soon to let us know all is well.
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2005, 03:44 PM
i called the vet. they said to try and make him eat some pasta or rice and give him sugar and water in a syringe. If he doesnt eat i got to call back at about 5.30.

Well i tried what they said and i made him have the sugar and water which went all over him and all over me. But managed to get some down him. he had about a mouthfall of rice and that was it. we are now sitting on the living room floor with otis asleep on my lap and my laptop balancing on my knee!!! think i will call the vets again at 5.30. Obviously Otis's health is my priority, but i spent £130 yesterday at the emergency vets and it will be the same again if i go today!!!
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Are you not insured?
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2005, 03:54 PM
yeah i am with the kc. good thinking. i am in such a pickle at the moment i forgot i can claim the money back!!! you have to bare with me, only had otis a couple of weeks and this is the first pet i have ever had so keep forgetting stuff like i have him insured
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Think it runs out after 6 weeks so make sure you either take out a policy with them or look for someone else
You never know when you need it

and make sure you claim it back
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2005, 04:05 PM
thank you. i will definately continue having him insured!!! having a pup is such a worry. my other half thinks im miss paranoia, but i just worry x
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Hi All

Well i called the vet again about Otis and they advised to take him down again. As someone mentioned before, it was unrelated to the 'foot' episode yesterday. The vet said he thinks it could be a puppy virus. He felt his tummy and said "make sure you put lots of newspaper down because he has a watery tum!!" How delightful!!!! The vet also gave him an antibiotic injection and 60ml of a fluid jab that sits under his skin and gradually gets absorbed.

He said he could stay over night at the vets but the stress might upset him more. Therefore me and ian will be taking it in turns to check on him in the night. I think i will just sleep downstairs. I am so worried about him though.

The other thing is i only started a new job last monday and cant take anytime off so i hope he perks up in the morninng, atherwise i think ian will have to stay with him.

you should all see him, he looks so helpless and sorry for himself.

xxxx
thanks for listening

jo xx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >