View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Well this morning I remembered that I had bought some pork rinds from Burns before I got Archie

I gave one to Archie to keep him quiet for grooming, and FINALLY I managed to groom every bit of him in one go! He also did a couple of sits for the chew which I was really impressed about!! yipee!!!!!

I'll try a marrow bone when I can get one, are those the disgusting ones they sell in pet shops?
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Try a Nylabone? - they get the fun of chewing without the danger of choking.

Burns also do Chewits (I think that's the name) and I couldn't bring myself to tell you what they are made of - you'll have to go on the Burns site and see. 100% natural. Can't tell you what they're like, I've never been brave enough to buy.

They also do Fish Bites, which are just air dried natural fish. Look and smell disgusting :smt078 but Dinah will do 'anything you want Muuuuum - hurry up' for a bit.

I agree about those nasty minced looking chewy things. Heaven only knows what they are made of. Treats like cheese etc seem better to me.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Yeah Archie loves the nylabone, he has that and also the puppy teething keys which he has had great fun with

The problem is, like all his toys he loses interest after a day or so, so I have to have them on a rota, hide a couple and bring a couple out every day

The only toy he has not got bored of is one I made him from some old socks of mine. He loves it!
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2005, 05:20 PM
The rotation thing is par for the course I think......and they all love the stuffed socks!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-03-2005, 05:27 PM
We made the mistake of letting them tug away at old socks and now we wished we hadn't, any socks left about will now found themselves down the garden ripped to shreads. They've even been known to take them off our feet when we're asleep and running off with them
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

29-03-2005, 06:15 AM
No you can get the fresh marrow bones from the butcher Tuti, just ask him
Chrisrine.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Just got a delivery of Burns Kelties in the post.....He loved them!!

sorry to sound stupid but whats beef steer?
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2005, 12:23 PM
I stay away from chews that have colourings, Shaan won't touch them for starters. My lot have pigs ears and trotters,rawhide chews or the Burns Ocean bites, which stink the kitchen out the minute the container is opened
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2