Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 11:43 AM

NatureDiet

Hello all, just wondering if any of you feed NatureDiet?

I am feeding Archie on a mixture of Burns and NatureDiet, with bits of chicken or tuna mixed in. He eats well and seems to be doing fine on it. However, I've been reading some comments elsewhere about the high protein level in NatureDiet puppy food. Is this true? Is it dangerous? What dangers are there in feeding a diet too high in protein?
Gill W
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2005, 12:39 PM
The protein level in Nature Diet puppy food is only something like 12 or 13% which isn't high at all. The protein levels in Burns is something like 18 or 19% which again isn't exceptionally high.

I have a canine nutrition book which states that there is no dietary requirement for protein in dog food. The only requirement is for essential amino acids which are provided by protein in the diet. Because Burns and Nature diet are both v good foods, you know that the protein will be good quality and won't come from fur or beaks etc
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 01:11 PM
I feed it mixed with Autarky ..IMO ..its the best thing since sliced bread
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 01:25 PM
max also has nature diet with a little bit of autarky. max loves it and looks great so cant be bad.
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2005, 02:15 PM
We've just bought some for Saffy today.

We are feeding her burns at the moment but thought we would mix it with Nature's diet for a bit of variety.

I think her diet is now far more balanced than mine

Aileen x
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 05:44 PM
hi WE have fed Naturediet since we have had Bruno and never had any problems - I have just swicthed him over to Burns to see if i can solve his wind issues and it seems to have helped he is now getting a little variety between the two - I also give him tinned mackerel ( loves it) , tuna and salmon.

I have mixed the burns in with a little oxtail soup as he doesnt always liek it totally dry too.

dani
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-03-2005, 05:53 PM
I feed ND to Star sometimes. She loves it
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2005, 06:32 PM
I use Naturediet as well as a raw diet. I have a Papillon with about 4 teeth who finds bones a bit much, but ND seves her a treat. I also use it if for some reason I haven't had time to prepare or defrost the raw meat, I think its an excellent food.
Dawn.