register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

22-03-2005, 07:15 AM
One of my spayed girls kept cleaning herself, couldn`t see a discharge tho, turned out it was an infection. Apart from her licking, my males were very interested in her as well so realised something wasn`t quite right!
Do what you`re doing, keeping on eye on it
Christine
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Ok...Teagan hasn't had any discharge since I posted on here.
But just got back from our walk, and saw some hanging out of her.
It is clear - not milky or any other colour.

Mini - you mentioned normal mucus secretion - where would this be from? Her bladder?

She is spayed.

I don't really want to stress her out by driving the to vets, and forking out money to be told it's normal, or for an infection thats not really there (been through that before with her mange).

EDIT: I've done a search online, but all it brings up is dogs that 'need' spaying, or who are pregnant!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Hi Hevvur it may just be normal secretions, but if it is that noticable you really should have it checked out with the vet as it could be a number of things like a bacterial infection.. vaginitis or something like that ,but if it is clear and not smelly and Teagan is well I am sure it will be ok so don't stress if it was me I would try to go to the vet when I could to be on the safe side.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 07:40 PM
Just been to the vet.
Was trying to avoid it (sounds harsh, I know), because I am in a very bad financial state at the moment.

Her temp was normal, her tummy felt normal. Vet said what i've described *sounds* like a bladder infection. But he wasn't sure.
Gave her an injection of anti-biotics, and one of an anti-inflamitry, and also sent her home with anti-biotic tablets.

I also got her weighed! lol She weighs approx 46kg. Couldn't get an exact reading, as she was being akward, and refused to put all 4 legs on the scales for more than a second!
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

29-03-2005, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=Christine]One of my spayed girls kept cleaning herself, couldn`t see a discharge tho, turned out it was an infection. Apart from her licking, my males were very interested in her as well so realised something wasn`t quite right!
Do what you`re doing, keeping on eye on it
Christine[/QUOTE

Hevvur this could explain why Max wouldnt leave Teagan alone the other day if she has an infection.
Meg
Supervisor

29-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Hi Hevvur glad you have got it looked at and sorted,Teagan is a big girl isn't she and thats after losing weight hope all will be ok, you can always do what I do and live on fruit and porridge for a couple of days to pay the bill and it's healthy too!!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Teagan is nearly at ideal weight for a female bully
She was 48kg. Ideal is 45kg! Just 1kg to go!
She looks good though, people always comment on her size, as she is quite 'athletic' lol

I borrowed £20 off my mum, so I will pay her back when I can afford!
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

30-03-2005, 07:55 AM
It was actually the dogs paying to much notice to her for no good reason that made me keep more of an eye on her. It wasn`t a bladder infection but would imagine any change of smell from normal urine would have the boys investigate more. So would think yes, thats why he wouldn`t leave her alone
Christine.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2