Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 04:23 PM

Lovely Day Out With My Gorgeous hounds

I went to a horse show today and decided to take Kyiro and Lily with me.
Kyiro shook a lot at first as he is such a timid boy but my little Diva Lily immediately got to work charming everyone.
I sat near the ring and put a blanket down for the dogs. Lily spent the whole day up and down the line of people getting fussed by everyone. Anyone who didn't fuss her straight away she would go and lean against them with all her weight till they did. Everyone fell in love with her and before they left the show came over to say goodbye to her.
Kyiro stopped shaking after about half hour and lay on his blanket happy not to be disturbed, although he did let two people stroke him without backing off and even gave a little wag of his tail to them.
Neither of them was fazed by the horses who were going past within a few feet of them and they both ignored every other dog there, even the ones that barked at them.
I am so proud of them both their behavior was impeccable and we will be going to lots more things like this now.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Delighted to hear you had a great day, Bev

Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Sounds like a lovely day It's amazing how dogs can get confidence from each other. The first fundraiser Axel was on, he was shaking and tail tucked...but he soon relaxed because the other dogs weren't bothered.
Lily sounds like a shameless flirt, lovely!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Lily is a shameless flirt, but everyone loves her and I hardly held her lead all day, everyone else wanted to.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Sounds like you had a fab day Bev, and now you're chuffed to bits, and I'm not surprised. I'm sure you'll be going to lots more now knowing the dogs are so relaxed about it all. Although Zena is used to horses I don't think she'd be happy laying down on a blanket all day though, I can dream though! You're lucky you had good weather it's been foul down here all day
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Thanks, yes we was lucky with the weather, although its raining now.