Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 04:44 PM

Question for the girls...

Im not quite sure what to do really,

Im horrificly broody, have been for about 4 years but the last year or so its becoming really hard to cope with it.

Im 22, in a stable relationship, me and the OH both work full time and earn enough to support ourselves, we both want to get married and we dont want kids till we have our own house...

At least thats how I felt 6 months ago...

When I find out people I went to school with are pregnant im actually jealous, of course im so happy for them but I just want one of my own.

I know that if I got pregnant now that would be it for my buisness - and im not ready to give that up yet so thats a major thing that is stopping me. But watching programmes about pregnancy and babies has me in tears, it actually makes me ache that I dont have one

Im not sure if its worth going to the doctor about or not, im pretty sure the only way it will get sorted is to get pregnant and I cant see that happening for at least a couple of years.

Sorry - bit of a long pointless post but needed to get it out
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Aww Sam,

If you was to wait for another couple of years, its never the right time to start a family!! (Believe it or not)!! In two years time, there will be something else that stops you from going ahead.

My sister had her first child later in her twenties, (they wanted the business, big house, a Porsche each on the driveway and holidays). Now her youngest is 14, and she is nearly 45. She now wishes that she had started earlier.

Its worth thinking about. When the time is right, it will happen. Some people get another pup when they feel broody

Here I am trying to make you feel better, but I don't think that I'm doing a terribly good job of it !!!!!

Good Luck Hun and try to Keep Smiling

Debs x
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Deb/Pugglepup View Post
Aww Sam,

If you was to wait for another couple of years, its never the right time to start a family!! (Believe it or not)!! In two years time, there will be something else that stops you from going ahead.

My sister had her first child later in her twenties, (they wanted the business, big house, a Porsche each on the driveway and holidays). Now her youngest is 14, and she is nearly 45. She now wishes that she had started earlier.

Its worth thinking about. When the time is right, it will happen. Some people get another pup when they feel broody

Here I am trying to make you feel better, but I don't think that I'm doing a terribly good job of it !!!!!

Good Luck Hun and try to Keep Smiling

Debs x
Thankyou deb, to be honest its nice to have someone who is just willing to listen, i havent told anyone about this so far

Im not going to give up my buisness yet - i love my work and my dogs so so much and Ive just taken on some pups which i would love to see through to adulthood so theyre keeping me busy

I just dont know how im going to cope if it gets worse - ive thought about another dog but again with the buisness it makes it harder having 2 of my own and would mean I qwould have to drop the boarding
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 05:51 PM
You sound as if you have got a lot going on around you!!!

You will have to start knitting cardies and blankets, then when the time occurs, you will be half way there!!!

I bet you don't get much time for anything, do you? It might be wise just mentioning how you feel to the nurse next time you go to the docs. She might be able to offer some words of wisdom.

You are still young, and have plenty of time. Start planning the wedding of your dreams, and do it the right way round (for a change).
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 06:13 PM
You sound as if you have got a lot going on around you!!!

You will have to start knitting cardies and blankets, then when the time occurs, you will be half way there!!!

I bet you don't get much time for anything, do you? It might be wise just mentioning how you feel to the nurse next time you go to the docs. She might be able to offer some words of wisdom.

You are still young, and have plenty of time. Start planning the wedding of your dreams, and do it the right way round (for a change).
Lol, i think it might take me that long just to learn how to knitt!

Nah i keep myself pretty busy, I have my dogwalking/boarding then I teach at the riding for the disabled and on top of that I buzz about on the modified car scene a bit thats ontop of the usual seeing friends/family malarky

I want do to things the 'right' way, i want to get married first and I want to bring up a kid in my own home, not rented - not that theres anything wrong with it! I just always wanted it like that and Freddie my OH wants the same.

I already know whats happening wedding wise (just need to get OH to propose to me hahah) and I know that it seems like im in a rush but I just dont see the reason to wait!

I just hope the broodyness doesnt get any worse, ive already been in tears twice over it today
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Aww, sweet,

Have a word with your nurse/doctor.

I don't know what else to advise.

I am sure that there will be plenty others on here who will know EXACTLY what to say........ I've never been any good with words.

You need A BIG HUG (winging its way to you) x x

Debs x
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Aww, sweet,

Have a word with your nurse/doctor.

I don't know what else to advise.

I am sure that there will be plenty others on here who will know EXACTLY what to say........ I've never been any good with words.

You need A BIG HUG (winging its way to you) x x

Debs x
Thankyou hun, all seems a bit daft I know but im not sure what else to do

Def in need of some big hugs
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Firstly, you're far too young for babies! You're only 22!

Keep your business going, enjoy your life with your partner and get another puppy! Be responsible! There is plenty of time for babies.

Failing that, get a loan of someone's young baby for a few weeks and you might find you soon change your tune!

Enjoy your own life just now and have fun!
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Sorry to hear that.

Firstly, you're far too young for babies! You're only 22!

Keep your business going, enjoy your life with your partner and get another puppy! Be responsible! There is plenty of time for babies.

Failing that, get a loan of someone's young baby for a few weeks and you might find you soon change your tune!

Enjoy your own life just now and have fun!
See all of this makes sense!!! but it doesnt make it go away I help look after my freinds twins, boy and girl and have done since they were born 2 and a years ago! theyve both given me all theyve got and it still hasnt put me off - worryingly!

I KNOW im too young and I KNOW theres plenty of time etc

It just doesnt seem to sink in
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
See all of this makes sense!!! but it doesnt make it go away I help look after my freinds twins, boy and girl and have done since they were born 2 and a years ago! theyve both given me all theyve got and it still hasnt put me off - worryingly!

I KNOW im too young and I KNOW theres plenty of time etc

It just doesnt seem to sink in
That's because it is sensible!

Be strong. Wait until you and your OH are settled in your own house if that's what you're planning on doing. Focus on that, save up hard and enjoy your life together as it is at the moment.

Maybe you should speak to do your doctor, see what they say just out of interest?

Remember, babies cost a lot of money, much more than dogs!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »