Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2005, 09:01 AM

affix

hi ive been provisionally granted my affix, it will be in the KC gazette in july,but i was wanting to use it now to register my puppies, my question is how often are they objected to?
thanks
kerrie
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Hello SR,

We are waiting too, i thinks its ridiculous that they can charge so much then only let us use it 3 months later lol well anyway, i have been using mine, it doesn't say you can't, just says that you are doing it at your own risk if you spend money using the Affix. Registering pups may be different, i'd phone the kennel club and explain to them the situation and see what they say, if they say take a chance in a round-about way, then go for it
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2005, 10:07 AM
I agree give the KC a ring, it would be a shame to reg all the pups only to find your affix has been rejected i dont know how often they are objected to, i just guess it depends!
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Hi Kerrie, I certainly waited the required amount of time to use mine, and in the event, the registrations came back, all done and dusted in a week. So that would be well before your puppies are 8 weeks old anyway, wouldn't it?

Dawn R.
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Hi Kerrie....

Just a thought: if they won't let you use the affix to register the pups why not wait until you can use it before giving the papers to the new owners?

I only just got Archie's papers yesterday, and I've had him since March! TBH I did wonder for a bit what was going on but I'm sure if you explain to prospective owners they won't mind

If they're anything like me they'll be too busy cuddling their new pup to care about papers for a while