Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Chellie View Post
My 3 bitches all cock their legs but my dog doesn't!! Go figure.
My bitch cocks her leg too lol
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi Mj dog puppies experience a surge of the male hormone testosterone at around 6-7 months old, this leads to the development of secondary sex characteristics a such as leg lifting.

Puppies develop at slightly different rates puppy to puppy breed to breed so there is a slight variation in the age at which they start to lift their legs.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Ralph started not too far back actually, so say nine months ish? maybe eight..
However Florrie is a freak who elevates her whole rear end too pee up things so she DOES balance on her front feet-now go figure THAT!
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2007, 12:51 PM
got yourself a acorbatic dog there might one for youv'e been framed!
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 02:07 PM
My male Mal first cocked his leg around 8 months old, however my male Aussie is 17 months and has only just started cocking his

(My bitch also cocks hers )
Tigger2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Tigger started when he was six months old but he still crouches from time to time too, so they may do both for a while. He also seems to lose interest half way through and run off after something when his bladder is not quite empty yet-he's such an impulsive little plonker.

Luke, I suffer from a vivid imagination so can you even imagine what youve done to me by describing Florrie's antics!!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tigger2 View Post
Tigger started when he was six months old but he still crouches from time to time too, so they may do both for a while. He also seems to lose interest half way through and run off after something when his bladder is not quite empty yet-he's such an impulsive little plonker.

Luke, I suffer from a vivid imagination so can you even imagine what youve done to me by describing Florrie's antics!!
Listen...see what your imagining? multiply it by ten and then you see how weird it is!! We get some very odd looks off people..
Tigger2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Listen...see what your imagining? multiply it by ten and then you see how weird it is!! We get some very odd looks off people..

Okay, (sorry for labouring this point everyone and to the OP, sorry for hijack!)
but, does she need a tree or something to do her handstands against or does she just 'flip' up there and shower everyone?
Y'know Im thinking Im not going to satisfied without video evidence.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Tigger2 View Post
Okay, (sorry for labouring this point everyone and to the OP, sorry for hijack!)
but, does she need a tree or something to do her handstands against or does she just 'flip' up there and shower everyone?
Y'know Im thinking Im not going to satisfied without video evidence.
No, no tree. Just in the middle of a field, hoists her posterior in the air and 'lets go',poor Ralph usually ends up getting splashed.
She really is a curious dog..
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Tyler does both!!
He lifts his leg and still squats,he starting doing it at around 8 months.......He usually squats first thing then goes around putting his mark on anything and everything in the garden.
We have had the odd marking in the house up the dining room chair leg and up the dirty washing,so we watch him quite closely.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >