Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2023, 12:58 PM
Good luck griff at the hospital.

We pride ourselves on how we brought our children into the world and although we reared them to be independent young men they always know and have known we are here if ever needed.
They will always to a point remain our responsibility as do the Grandchildren.
Of course when we are no longer here we cannot help them further but hopefully all we have taught them will stand them in good stead for the rest of their lives.
Good neighbours I agree are worth weighing up whether to move or not, like you many years ago we went through hell with neighbours not something I would wish on my worst enemy.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2023, 01:42 PM
I agree Lynn, of youhave issues at home, it's o.k as you can escape it.... although not pleasant, at home.....well, you are stuck with it, literally no escape, even when away it's in your thoughts
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2023, 03:27 PM
At the hospital...they are going through a consent form, I am not having a procedure....errr yes you are, errrr no, I told the lady yesterday no and she booked me to come and speak to a consultant, there's no effing consultant! I am waiting to have a word with the registrar.....pee'd off doesn't cover it! Did I bring my form? A urine sample? List of medications? No because I had the appointment booked yesterday and nobody bloody told me to do the last 2.....I have just emailed my mum and told her if they start I am walking out
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2023, 05:36 PM
Being sent for a CT scan on my kidneys and tubes, then I am having a rigid cystoscopy so they can deal with my stricture, thanked the surgeon for seeing me and apologised for the mix up...not that it's my place to apologise, was a really nice man and I hope I deal with him all the time.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2023, 05:54 PM
Oh my goodness griff. Thinking of you and hoping all goes well.

Totally peed off Vauxhall causing real problems and our friend has lost her Bernese a lovely girl we knew well.
A rotten end to a rotten day.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2023, 06:09 PM
Good evening all

Lovely day here with the exception of about 10 minutes when the heavens really opened coming back from the dentist. The windscreen wipers struggled. When we got home it stopped and the sun came out. Started getting windy now though.

The dentists went ok. A close eye was kept in case he started fitting, but thankfully he didn't. He's now settled in his flat and has just eaten a cheese sandwich very carefully. He asked me if he could have a bag of crips. Of course, I said NO

Lynn I bet you could stangle him while at the same time worrying yourself sick.

My daughter is having problems with her stepson. He's 26. Came out as gay a few months ago and started dating 'George'. Daughter did a bit of research and 'George' is actually a female lesbian who wants to transition to be a man (you really couldn't write it). The worrying part is she/he wants to have a baby before transitioning. The stepson isn't the sharpest tool in the box and this is his first relationship so is head over heals. Since 'George' came on the scene, he's blown his £30,000 savings and says he can't afford next months rent

Daughter and his dad have sat him down to have a heart to heart and have been accused of being homophobic because they told him s/he is using him. Bearing in mind daughter's cousin and her neice are both lesbians who have been well and truly accepted with their partners, she pointed out that he was stupid even to suggest it.

Goodness knows where it will end up, but I'm guessing it will be living back at home with dad and stepmum

Kids can be a real pain in the ar*e but no matter what they do, parents are always there for them even if they do have them tearing their hair out
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2023, 06:30 PM
Glad all went well at the dentist Chris. Bag of crisps lol.

Oh dear me it seems the planets are badly aligned at the moment.
I think I must now feel how my mum and dad felt young and green and think you know it all.
They don't realise we have been round the block a few times.
As you say though always there if needed and we are sometimes, because we love our children.
Yes I feel sometimes like boxing Joel's ears because he is hurting my 41 year old baby.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2023, 08:04 PM
Tbh, I don't think I would have the patience for kids, I don't tolerate bad behaviour very well lol
Lynn, I am sorry to hear of your friends loss and also the car is causing problems.... perhaps a call to the seller? Although if you have already spent money on it....not sure he would pay it back.
Chris, firstly, pleased the dentist went well, secondly...wow! Just wow! I don't think I would be able to keep my mouth shut. My brother is gay and tbf, if he got mixed up in anything like that, well....he would know my opinion and the other party..... probably wouldn't be able to walk by the close of play! There's only once I have stepped in on his personal life and I had warned him at the start the lad was a wrong'un.... just saw my brother as a cash machine and tried to take the Mick. The relationship finished and he was asked to leave....he wouldn't, I knew there was something wrong when I called my brother at work so I called him at home, I was talking to him and I knew something was very off, he said he had asked him to leave about 2 months previously but "he was having trouble finding somewhere" . I said to my brother just tell him to go, he has a couple of hours to pack his stuff and go or I would go down and he could pick the window he would leave by followed by his stuff lol. I don't often interfere but left to my brother.....well, he would probably still be there now!
Hmmmmm part of me thinks, does she really want to transition?? Could it not just be that she wants a child and is playing on your step grandsons vulnerabilities and inexperience? Saves her getting a surrogate and he is then financially liable....I don't wish to offend but I would be worried
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2023, 08:26 PM
How did it go griff ?
Gorden has messaged him letting him know this is going to be a more expensive fix than first realised and is going to cause us some work sourcing things from ebay. Brand new will be ridiculous prices unless our brilliant mechanic who is leaving tomorrow and Donna who owns the garage can remap the car.
Gorden has to make a call to Thurlow Nunn tomorrow to see if the remap is possible.
No response as of yet to be fair he might not have known about the problems either because what has happened has been between mot and him buying it and then us buying it.
The problem it has at the moment it would not have passed its mot.
We have checked the mot place out and it's all kosher.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2023, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Oh my goodness griff. Thinking of you and hoping all goes well.

Totally peed off Vauxhall causing real problems and our friend has lost her Bernese a lovely girl we knew well.
A rotten end to a rotten day.
Can't you take it back?

Sorry to hear about your friends dog. Heart-breaking
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >