View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2006, 02:16 PM

Massive Relief (Cat - lump was not a tumour)

I'm just so happy that I want to share this -

Took my moggie Jessie to the vets on saturday morning as she has a lump underneath her that has got noticably larger in the last week. Partner and I were both convinced it was cancer as when she had her spay done they said the lining of her womb was "odd" and asked if we wanted it sent for testing.

After lots of talking with the vet at the time we decided not to have it tested as we both agreed we wouldn't put Jessie through chemotherapy - she loathes the vet and it involves weekly visits, many injections, drips etc... we just didn't think it would be fair to put her through that - you can't explain why it's all happening to an animal.

ANYWAY, the point is that obviously the thought has been lurking in the back of our minds and when this lump appeared we thought it looked pretty bleak So as I said, we went down to the vets on saturday and they took Jess out the back to take a cell sample. Well the vet came back out and said when they put the needle in a load of pus came out (tmi sorry!) and it is quite obviously just an infection!

Obviously thats not great either but definately better than the dreaded C - the main problem we have now is trying to administer her antibiotics - I am very adept at wrapping a cat and shoving pills down their throat but my god she is a feisty little tiger... wouldn't have her any other way though!
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Aww so pleased to hear that its not C thingy at least an infection can be cured. Have you tried crushing the pill on her food? or maybe placing it in a bit of smelly fish thats the only way I can get my cats to take any meds
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Yep, but we have two others who are very sneaky and will take her food by any means possible. If we lock them in another room while she eats they tear the carptet to shreads and as this house is rented that is not ideal!

We are persevering with the wrapping technique so we know she is getting all the medicine. It's ok - she just doesn't enjoy i much... if only you could make them understand it's for their own good!
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Glad to hear that Daysleeper. You must be so relieved !! Know what you mean about the anti-b's. When I 1st got my kitty (Lubo) she had an infection in her eye. So from day 1 I had to put drops in her eyes, wipe them down with warm water and give her tablets ! Thought she'd hate forever after that, but she obviously knew i was helping her and never held it against me, phew ! !

sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2006, 03:26 PM
Oh I understand now you have more than one cat LOL There is something from the vets you can buy to make giving a pill easier you fill it with a little water and put the pill in the little tweezer thing at the end and press the plunger and the pill pops in along with the water I think it makes them swallow faster
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Hope Jessie is better very soon.
Min xxxxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 03:37 PM
So glad it wasn't cancer

Hope Jessie's feeling better soon xx
Molly2606
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Get well soon jessie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Thanks everyone - we are about to have our evening session of "Please swallow the pill"... wish me luck!

Sweetmimi - I'll definatley look out for one of those devices, sounds like a good plan )
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Good news, what a relief! Hope you managed to get the pills down!