Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 02:23 PM

Post natal depression

Hay
I always thought post natal depression was where you didn't bond with your baby, is it possible to have it but have bonded with your baby?

I bin feeling really low lately, no interested in doing anything, snapping at OH. Feeling on top on the world one min and in tears the next. I just thought it was stress but someone mentioned it.

I tend to burry my head in the sand normally but I'm loOsing my OH because of it. And I really don't no wot to do
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Go to see your doctor straight away to determine if you have the Baby Blues or Post Natal Depression, there is a difference.

http://www.mind.org.uk/help/diagnose...tal_depression
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Yes it is. I would definitely have a chat with your health visitor they do a test.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 02:46 PM
HV asked two questions which I did wot I always do n ignore. I was gona talk to the nurse at my 6 week check but it was all really rushed and all sh did was take my Bp and weight. I hVe tried to get into see the nurse agen but he got a 5 week wait
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Ring up doctor and ask for emergency appointment, they will fit you in.

http://positivelypregnant.org/default.aspx
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Earliest appointment is wed doc gone home today
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Scrap that they rang back and fitted Ne in today
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Fab now make sure you GO!!!!!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
Scrap that they rang back and fitted Ne in today
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Fab now make sure you GO!!!!!!!
And make sure you tell the doctor everything about the way you are feeling.

That is an order from Safta Malka!
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2011, 03:16 PM
sweetie ((hugs))

I have/had PND (tho mildly) It is a horrid feeling, times of complete joy, and then complete despair. Happy and then angry (or all at the same time) Complete helplessness, and I felt unworthy of being my sons mother.

I love my son more than anything else (and despite what the pros say, mothers who breast feed can and do still get PND)

Firstly, speak to your OH...he maybe doesnt understand what is going on, and is struggling with the "new parent" feelings too
Secondly, Speak to your Doctor and HV its what they are there for and they can help you

I personally found that getting myself off the "mummy" forums (full of nit picking, perfect parents who's babies sleep through from day one, dont have colic, and look perfectly made up 24/7...when I looked/felt like a bag of nappies, and my son screamed 4 hours solid every night)

Thirdly..and this is important...look after yourself...you cannot care for your baby if you are not looking after yourself. Plenty of water/ fruit/veg..if you are bf'ing then eat more. Get plenty of rest...when babe is snoozing, get some sleep yourself..sod the ironing, it will still be there tomoz.
Fourthly. Get outta the house...fresh air exercise will help no end (you dont have the do the mum and baby groups more than once a week if you dont want to!) Just pop to the library, go for a stroll, whatever. Just get out of the house at least daily for 1 hour.
Fithly *is that a word?* Me time...Long hot soak in the tub, slob in front of telly with choc, go get your nails done, take the dog for a walk..ON YOUR OWN...be you, and not just Mummy, "the Mrs" or whatever

If you need anyone to chat to or whatever then feel free to pm me sweetie ((hugs))
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >