Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 07:10 PM

Ok so i'm slightly mad..............

But i don't care,i've harboured a huge thing for them for long enough (nearly two years) so i know it's not a phase,Everyone i know hates them and doesn't want me to get one but........... i've learned as much as i can about them in that time and it's just not gonna go away,i love them,
SO i've decided.........i'm going to start 'investigating' getting one,although i know which 'types' i fancy....
Don't all go 'urrrgghh' at once..................................

A 'Chinese hairless crested'.................

I did see a liitle boy a while ago that i adored but my health still wasn't a hundred percent and i didn't want to tempt fate.and now i know i have to......heheh!!
I have spent an awful lot of time looking at kennels that breed and show and still am not sure whom as to enquire with,and i don't get to see many 'toy' dogs at shows as we're usually on at a completely different time or there are none at our shows,So i wondered if any of you that do show and breed are 'familiar' with any crested breeders/showers that you would recommend.i am going to go for a 'mahogany with blonde furnishings' or a 'black and white' - must admit we are undecided as to which sex at present,i think it will come down to a pup which is 'more apt' to showing whichever sex that may be.........
' GO ON' then 'shoot me', what do you all think ??????
Any thoughts on breeders that you admire apprieciated
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 07:20 PM
I had the great fortune to meet this breed up close some years ago - I think they're lovely little dogs - but then I love anything with four legs......however, I'm not sure what thinking was behind breeding a dog that will get sunburn in summer and frostbite in winter.....
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 07:25 PM
LOl Vicki !!!
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
I had the great fortune to meet this breed up close some years ago - I think they're lovely little dogs - but then I love anything with four legs......however, I'm not sure what thinking was behind breeding a dog that will get sunburn in summer and frostbite in winter.....
Vicki is right of course about the breeding. However, there are good sunblocks and jumpers You go for it girl.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Hope you find a good breeder,look on the internet and maybe make some enquiries to them and visit,good luck with it.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 07:41 PM
Aww,

I had the pleasure of meeting one of these in Pets at Home such a gorgeous little devil!

My parents think I'm mad, and I must admit I wouldn't own one, but I do think they're sweet.

I don't know any breeders but being a utility person we're usually on the same day as toys so I can take a look at any upcoming shows.

Good luck!
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Harvey (my son ) has taken alot of convincing (about two years worth!)- but after learning about their temprement and reading a bit about them (just like his mom ,will read anything !)he really 'fancies' one now ,and hes starting to think their cute,which is a refreshing change from his old comments like 'they're disgusting'.I know Alfie will just love it !!! He loves the 'whole world' lol.
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Zantababy
Hope you find a good breeder,look on the internet and maybe make some enquiries to them and visit,good luck with it.
I have looked soooooo much on the internet Zantababy but must admit i am slightly afraid of enquiring in the 'wrong place' so to speak.I feel i still have sooooo much to learn with regards to the 'toy' breeds world.I did enquire some five weeks ago to a very,very well know crested breeder but unfortunately they haven't as yet replied and i don't think by now that they will. I felt i knew which breeders to enquire with,with Alfie but i feel in slightly unfamiliar territory here i f that makes sense .
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie
Aww,

I had the pleasure of meeting one of these in Pets at Home such a gorgeous little devil!

My parents think I'm mad, and I must admit I wouldn't own one, but I do think they're sweet.

I don't know any breeders but being a utility person we're usually on the same day as toys so I can take a look at any upcoming shows.

Good luck!

Thanks Lottie i would apprieciate that - anything would be most helpful,i prefer the smaller cobbier type of crested x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 08:15 PM
I shall certainly do my best!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >