Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2022, 08:48 AM

Freezing Friday 14th January

Good morning everyone

Thinking of you Moyra and hope all goes well at the hospital.

Hugs Lynn you know you will get there.

Very frosty this morning. Out early with Teazle who seems to enjoy plodding around in the frost. Making a panettone as too cold to go outside.

Hope all are well. Take care
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2022, 08:57 AM
Off to work shortly and I agree very cold

Moyra - *hugs*
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2022, 03:24 PM
Good afternoon all.

Bright and sunny today and cold.

Dave didn't get back from the hospital until after 1.30 pm and he was very pale so we aborted our plan for going into town when he got back. To be honest, I'm not feeling too good so I was a bit relieved.

Moyra, hope all went well today
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2022, 05:24 PM
Evening all
Had a really awful week....much better now. Involved my dad and life got very very difficult, he finally called the Dr and he then rang and asked if I could go with him... which I did. Saw a really lovely nurse practitioner who was absolutely brilliant and he will be getting referred to the mental health team, he has had to double his anti depressants and do some questionnaires...he doesn't have autism ( unless my adding up is wrong) he is however severely depressed... scoring 21/24. I am sure there will be a huge wait for the mental health team, I did have to laugh.....the lady asked if he could have PTSD?? Anything traumatic in his life, he went "no", I just looked and went actually yes...he had the most horrific childhood and saw his father beat the crap out of his mother regularly, he sort of went that started 60 odd years ago and I pointed out it didn't matter...the lady fully agreed and said that sometimes, your brain gets to a stage where it wants to deal with things.
I don't understand why people treat their minds and emotions any different to a broken limb...they happily go get that fixed. Today has been a much better day today and I am thankful because trying to find somewhere to rent with my lack of money and 2 dogs was not filling me with joy
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2022, 05:54 PM
Evening everyone.
Started off very cold here today, but we got in the car had breakfast in Dunelm Wisbech then onto Burnham Market then onto Blakeney.
Home via Kings Lynn stopped for some shopping then home.
Tomorrow we are meeting Michael at Dents for coffee in Hilgay near Downham Market.
Feeling a bit jittery about it last time we went there it was a day or so before we had to let Dillon go, he had been unwell on the Friday and I was considering sending Gorden with the Christmas gifts as he had a job to sort for him on his lap top, but Dillon was much better the next day.
Tried suggesting elsewhere but he is happier staying closer to home regards driving now.
Sure I will cope.

Hope all went well today Moyra.

Pannetone lovely Sue.
Hope you and Dave are feeling better now Chris.
griff things from your childhood stay with you, glad dad is at last getting help.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2022, 06:23 PM
Evening all

Not posting regularly hopefully when in a routine next week it will return to normal service my posting that is.

Loving life at the moment new job really good time flies maybe its learning new things and my brain in multi tasking mode as well but really enjoying it. Gert good life good happiness here.

Chris Hope the both of you feel a bit better tonight; any joy on the lad's heating?

Sue You sound full of zest with the girls here I am pleased for you.

Griff Glad things are slowly improving; there is a mental health crisis team but not sure if this applies to your Dad; mind you getting them could be as hard as finding hens teeth.

Lynn Sure chatting with Michael will hopefully be distracting and if it is where he wants to go then you will go there eventually I suspect. Never thought of trying Dunelm for breakfast - hmm idea *BING* Thanks

Brenda Hope all is good with you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2022, 06:56 PM
Glad the new job is working out well Kazz.
Dunelm doesn't do fried breakfasts, they do a nice omelette bap, sausage or bacon bap and also a nice toasted tea bread.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2022, 08:35 PM
No Kazz, the heating saga continues.

Guess what, they can't locate a part
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2022, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
No Kazz, the heating saga continues.

Guess what, they can't locate a part
Seems what they cannot locate is a repair person with a brain
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2022, 10:46 PM
Kazz....he is o.k at the moment...I think perhaps the relief of saying something has helped him... it's his birthday and I took him for a few pints and he was o.k......the scrat was at the pub, her face was hilarious when I walked in lol....no beers for her except when I went to the loo....I walked in and she had a pint as the old boy was getting his....if it's more than £6... questions will be asked!!!
I am sure you will drop into a routine at some point
Chris, ask them the part they need and between us....we will source it....no longer a problem then!
Lynn... personally, although difficult, I think pinning a positive memory would be a good thing for you.
Moyra... hope all went well at the hospital
Brenda... just about to ping you an email
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >