Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2022, 10:08 AM

Sunny Sunday 9th January 2022

Morning all. Been for walk. Tesco still not working on pc. Hope you all have a sunny day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2022, 11:15 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Pleased you enjoyed a nice walk.

Hugs Lynn and Gorden. It is never easy and you always feel guilty but you know you did right.

Hope your new job goes well Kazz. Yes Ben does appreciate what I do/did for him. Yesterday I had a call from eldest granddaughter asking if I would go to see Superman with them after putting up the kitchen blinds. We all enjoyed it.

Sunny here too. Teazle walked and have cleaned my car inside and out. Easier time this week as I think I am only wanted twice for the school run.

Hope all are well. Take care
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2022, 04:26 PM
Afternoon brenda, Sue and anyone else to follow.
Been a reasonably bright day but cold, did a 1.5 hour walk this morning then popped to a garden centre in Peterborough and then onto Ferry Meadows amazing place and big walked another 1.5 miles.

Thanks Sue I know it had to be done but now wishing I hadn't popped over to Beth's on the Friday he had seemed well that day till the afternoon and I must say I was concerned for him as we spent the 1.5 hours on the spare bed together.
Saturday we had arranged to meet my brother for a coffee and exchange Christmas presents I was thinking Friday evening I wouldn't go depending how Dillon was that day, he seemed back to his as normal self so we decided to both go as arranged, wish I hadn't now.
Sunday we were in all day with him and apart from his usual odd stumbling and seeming uncomfortable we really didn't think we would be doing what we did on the Monday.
Also I left a message asking if our vet who had looked after him could ring as we felt we needed her guidance but she was so overloaded Friday and off on the weekend and not available for Monday.
We could of seen her Christmas eve but we really felt he couldn't last till then after the problem we had on Friday and his crying on rising 9 times out of 10 over the weekend, and the crying in the night when getting up and that awful big back leg failure on Monday morning.

I will get through it eventually.

Keep safe everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2022, 06:46 PM
Good evening all.

Same old, same old here

Lynn, don't beat yourself up because no matter what happens, we do our best, but always find that thing we wished we'd done differently. I'll give you an example. Between us my sister and myself stayed with my mum 24/7. After my sister had stayed with her all night, she went to the sink in the room to throw some water on her face and tidy up. She heard mum gasp and knew she had died. She's still beating herself up for that mini wash all these years later no matter how many times we tell her that she did nothng wrong.

It's how we all are. We look for things we could have done that would have made a difference, but, in effect, they wouldn't
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-01-2022, 07:51 PM
Thank you Chris I know deep down even if I had done things differently the outcome would of been the same.
He had rallied from so much in the past 16 months I think I'm finding it hard to come to terms with the fact nothing could be done this time for him.
I knew he wouldn't or couldn't go on forever but guess like we all do we are never ready to lose them.